Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Leitz Miniload microhardness teswter manual?
Does anyone in this group have a manual or instructions for a Leitz Miniload microhardness tester they could let me copy? Thanks. Henry Barwood

any website that can tell me where the gold, palladium, platinum is to be found in motherboards of old computers?
I was searching for a website that can specifically tell me which components of old computers are precious metals to be found. Which components have the dangerous mercury? Anyone have a website. It...
2
2

nature of material of (ahem) recreational product
As a gag gift for a friend that's getting married soon, a few of us got (among other items) a sleeve-like device from an adult store, the purpose of which is, shall we say, self-gratification....

isotropisation of the elastic tensor
Hi, I would like to get the necessary conditions if a isotropize the elastic tensor. Normally each elastic tensor depends on the symmetry of the considered material. For example, for the cubic...
3
3

atomic spacing of latex?
Hi, would anyone know, how far apart are the atoms in latex or rubber pls? Thanks ant
5
5

Hai, what are your favorite elements?
Pick at most six. Here are mine: rhenium, tin, bismuth, caesium, thorium, beryllium. -Aut
25
25

Is soften acrylic plastic compressible?
Hi, I'd like to know whether soften/heated acrylic plastic can be compressed into denser and thinner sheet, and by what factor? For example, can I compress a 1" into 1/8"? Thanx
4
4

low permeability
Hi all I'm seeking somekind of thin flexible foil (metal or plastic) with a very low permeability with water. Can anyone here give me some advice? Best regards Johnny
4
4

Magneto-Rheological Fluid (MR FLuid)
Can any one know how to prepare an MR Fluid. . I had come across the preparation of this MR fluid but I find it difficult. So Does anyone help me finding such an article

Re: Another bad compact Fluorescent
[Roger] [hanson] Sylvania CFs and all the other makes, I know of, last for an average of 1.67 years. Their fat print says: "7 years of light" and "Life: 8000 hrs" which insinuates: 1 year at 24...
1
1

Heat Engines: Steam,Gas,Turbines & Their Auxiliaries (1931)
Heat Engines: Steam,Gas,Turbines & Their Auxiliaries (1931) Heat Engines Steam, Gas, Turbines and Their Auxiliaries John R. Allen, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan Joseph A....

Thixotropic Additive
I'm looking for a thixotropic additive for portland cement mortar. I need to be able to pump it with a mono pump about 20 metres then have it gel on release. Any ideas?
3
3

Phase change material ...
Hi All, I'm looking for a substance that does a phase change at between 60 and 100 C. I need something with a high heat capacity so that when it cools through the phase change, it stays at the...
1
1

supplier of technical ceramic materials-fournisseur des ceramiques techniques
We are supplier of technical ceramic materials such as: boron carbide boron nitride aluinum nitride zirconia alumina ceramic parts as per clients' designs hot pressed boron nitride blocks sputtering...

cyclic behavior
During a cyclic angle (shear strain) controlled experiment. A net increase in axial strain is observed. The increase in axial strain is consistent with the number of cycles. I ran the experiment for...