Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Q: I am looking for thin rods.
Dear Group, I am looking for hollow titanium, glassfiber or coalfiber rods (any) for building some lamps with. -They have to be as thin as possible. -If its possible to get some conic ones it will...
5
5

Folded/Convoluted High HX Area Stamped Surface
Is there any common everyday thin metal waffle stamped item that has a surface area about an order of magnitude more than the spanned area? It could be any metal at least as rigid as aluminum. At...
2
2

where to buy raw liquid latex-rubber?
who sells the stuff? I want about 3 gallons, maybe less.

Al 1100 etching agent for microstructure
Hello I am trying to etch my Al 1100 specimen for microstructure analysis (grain size, rolling direction, crystal deformation). I have tried keller's, boss etch none of it works (too strong)....
2
2

Remote detection of explosives
Recently, researchers have shown that they could detect p-nitrotoluene, an explosive, by detecting its nuclear quadrupole resonance. This resonance is at about 887KHz. There is a potential for using...
1
1

Seeking for polymer gels
Hi, I'm currently working ona project where i'm in need of finding polymers that have a gel type characteristics. As far as the durometer is concern, i'm looking for something similar to stress balls....

Greatest Blind Guess of All Time
Just over 5 weeks ago I posted this on sci.energy: "Could you find a device with performance characteristics somewhere between caps and batteries? I guarantee you'll become a billionaire, Nobel...
7
7

Help with SILVACO - Athena
Hi all , I am student from univesity and using the SILVACO software to simulate processing for device. If any one knows regarding SILVACO, my question is directed to them. I am trying to deposit a...
2
2

EC-funded Research Visits: Application Deadline 28/02/2007
HPC-Europa: EC-funded research visits for computational scientists ----------------------------------------------------------------- Next HPC-EUROPA deadline for applications: 28 February 2007...

Microprisms for paint application
Hi people, does anyone know who manufactures microprisms for use in paint or retroreflective materials? Micro glass beads might be an alternative but the prisms seem better for this application. I...
6
6

water based hydrophobic coating
water based hydrophobic coating Neoguard - multi-purpose water based hydrophobic coating ( Neoguard (odorless and colorless) is a revolutionary new hydrophobic coating suitable for waterproofing and...

High-Energy Mixed Concrete
After High-Energy Mixing Concrete become close to natural stone. See http://www.hemconcrete.com

Final call for papers: Multi-conference
Submission deadline is: February 1st 2007 The 2007 International Multi-Conference in Computer Science, Engineering, and Information Science will be held during 9-12 of July 2007 in Orlando, FL, USA....

Problem with "Oily" Silicone
Greetings: We are creating forms out of poured silicone. We are having a problem in that a few hours after the forms come out of their mold, they begin to "sweat" an oily substance. We are following...
12
12

Super-strong metal / alloy request
I need to construct a grip that will be 1mm thick, by 3mm wide, and which will have a length of 50mm. (The 1mm could possibly be increased to 1.5mm - but no more.) At the very end of the "grip" the...
4
4