Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Iron-Titanium Phase Diagram
Someone has recently asked for the iron-titanium phase diagram. Now the calculated, equilibrium Fe-Ti phase diagram can be found and downloaded at the following URL: K.

Love-Hate Relationship With Materials Science
I'm having trouble designing anything w/o materials. Is there anyway out of this situation? Bret Cahill
9
9

Clean air
What does soap or its aftermeath boil at? And what /is/ its meath after it burns?
8
8

Uniformity of dielectrics
Hi guys, I am interested in the optical properties of dielectrics at the moment. There are different types of dielectrics, which are often classified by their homogeneity or uniformity. From what I...
6
6

GORE TEX Pressure for Transmission of Liquid Water
Enough pressure will send liquid water through Gore Tex. What is that pressure? Bret Cahill
3
3

how to test rinsing agents?
seek a valid homebrew test method for rinsing agents. These are chemicals which reduce the "stickiness" of water droplets and encourage the water to run downhill and drop off the cleaned item.
6
6

Elastic Modulus of BaSO4
Does anyone know the elastic modulus of BaSO4?
1
1

BOPA film manufacturer!
Zhanjiang Development Minghe Plastic Co., Ltd. is a professional BOPA film manufactuer in China. BOPA films have magnificent qualities of high tensile strength and anti-puncture, flexibility, strike...
1
1

Difference between aspheric and plano convex condenser lens?
What's the difference between an aspheric and plano convex condenser lens? Where's a good place to get a large - say 120 - 200 mm condenser lens? Preferably one where I can get them to ship overnight....
3
3

Spectral reflectance of diverse material
Hi guys, I am looking for the spectral reflectance of several materials (polished, normal incidence). metal: gold, aluminium, silver, nickel, copper dielectric: rutile, diamond, calcite, glass The...
5
5

Percolation
Hi everybody, I am studying nanocomposites. In my research area I use alumina nanotubes. I would like to know about percolation limit. What it means and what it is? If one could help me I will be...
1
1

physiochemistry of carbon
Hello, I am looking for books on physiochemisty/electrochemistry of carbon. Kim Kinoshita's book is an excellent one, I am wondering if there are more like it, perhaps more updated. Thanks, Arman

Calculator for H-index of Scientist Impact and Influence
Calculator for H-index of Scientist Impact and Influence H-index, developed by physicist Jorge Hirsch, is an index is designed to go beyond simple statistics such as the total number of citations or...

Diamond Pastes
Hi I would like to know how to make abrasive diamond pastes. These pastes are typically used for polishing metals and metallographic samples and are generally supplied in syringes as pastes and...

Telling nickel silver apart from brass?
1
1