Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Question about selection of spring.
I am working over a device in which spring is key part. This spring is supposed lift about 70 kg load at 5-10 centimeters above ground. I am thinking about using shock absorbers used in motorbikes. I...
5
5

heat sink for gas turbine exhaust
Hi, I am looking into the feasibility of using heat-absorbing materials to cool the gasses leaving an engine of a stealthy aircraft as part of a design project. The heat sink would need to have high...
1
1

free material journals or periodics
Is there any well known , popular periodics or journals in free distribution with advertising that you can recommend me for subciption Thank you Pierre

Strength of screw threads
I'm an EE so this is outside my area, but.... While looking at with a friend [his PhD is chemistry, and he writes crypto code, so no help THERE..] we go onto thread strength. My recollection was the...
1
1

Cutting TiO2(110) wafer
Hi! I've got a TiO2(110) wafer for my STM experiment but it seems to exceed the allowed sample size. Now I need to cut it, but as far as I know, the cleavage is easy only in one direction, i.e....
1
1

Fixed bed voidage of a different size & different density binary mixture of particles
How can I evaluate the fixed bed voidage of a well mixed different size and different density binary mixture of particles? The binary mixture is 50/50% in volume. For an equidensity mixture the...
3
3

Density of a porous particle knowing the mass of N particles
I know the mass of N porous particles and their mean diameter. The volume of the particles is N*(PI*Dp^3)/6, where N is the number of porous particles, PI is 3.14159... and Dp is the mean particle...
2
2

The variation of contact angles
Hi all, I want to work at this subject in the future.But i couldnt find any documentation or works dor this you have any idea? 'The variation of contact angles by increasing the surface roughness of...
2
2

How to sell Indium
I was asked to research a possibility to sell 10kg of Indium. It is 99.x% purity, has some kind of certificate. Anyone can point me in the right direction? Ebay a good option? Paul
3
3

Fe-Ti alloy thermal equilibrium diagram
Hi, Could you please help me to find the Fe-Ti alloy thermal equilibrium diagram or a website providing free thermal equilibrium diagrams. Thank you in advance.
2
2

Density of a porous solid particle
I know the pore volume (in cubic centimeters per gram) and the density of the pure solid (in gram per cubic centimeters). How can I evaluate the density of the porous particle from these data?
3
3

Bandgap of 'white' solids?
Hi, Under 'white visible light' illumination, my understanding is that colour is percieved as the combined effect of photons that are reflected instead of absorbed. So an ideal matt black surface...

Sintered Material
Hello, I'm looking for a sintered metal sheet with a diameter of 120 mm. The thickness must be 1-3mm The material must be an alloy of: - CrNi - Vanadium (1%) - Tungsten (1%) Can anyone give me the...

list of equipments required for polycrystalline silicon
Hi There: Could some of you experts please provide a complete list of equipments required for polycrystalline silicon production? I am helping a Chinese company to build a new plant making high purity...

I want to know some journal about paints or pigments that embodied by Web of Science
I want to know some journal about paints or pigments that embodied by Web of Science. who knows,please send it to
1
1