Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Reactive Ion etching of amorphous SiC:H
Dear listers, We are trying to pattern 2 micron of amorphou SiC:H by Reactive Ion Etch. I know CF4/O2 and CF4/Ar chemistries are supposed to work, but all the papers we found did the etching on ICP...

EC-funded Research Visits: Application Deadline 15/11/2006
HPC-Europa: EC-funded research visits for computational scientists ----------------------------------------------------------------- Next HPC-EUROPA deadline for applications: 15 November 2006...

Pores Control in gelatine Sponge
i want to control the porosity or want smaller pores in manufacturing gelatine sponge, can anybody inform me any process or method. thanks devang

Density of a microporous solid
How can I obtain the envelope density for a microporous solid, knowing solid density and porosity?
9
9

Dyeing clear glass microbeads
I need to dye clear glass microbeads (soda-lime glass). How can I color them without changing their collision properties? I tried to use enamel paint but the microbeads tend to stick to each other and...

Electromagnetic Effects in Inhomogeneous Materials
In their paper "Basics of the Thermoelectric Effect with Magnetic Readout ", of February 2000, Johann H. Hinken and Yury Tavrin describe the thermoelectric eddy current and associated electromagnetic...
25
25

anticlastic curvature
Hi all, i'm looking for informations about an effect called "anticlastic curvature". I know that bending a strip of a material which have young module and poisson ratio function of direction, it arise...
3
3

"Did I invent the DC-DC-DC transformer?"
(still no evaluations) -Aut
7
7

need soome informations
i need to my new lecture in materials science some books - it must be basics books i know there are some very profesional books but here at now i need grounds of this subject maybe someone have got...

Technology Transfer 2006 Green Technologies, Better Business for a Better Tomorrow
Technology Transfer 2006 Green Technologies, Better Business for a Better Tomorrow November 17, 2006 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Technology Transfer 2006 will take place at Wilkins Theatre, Main Campus Kean...

Fluprescence Detection Technique
I would like to detect where and how much fluorescent particles are there. There are two specimens and I want to compare the amount of fluorescent on two specimen. Currently, I used CCD camera and...
1
1

Multiple-choice materials science tests on the Internet?
Long back someone had posted a URL where there were multiple choice tests of materials science, including metallurgy. Could someone please remind me where these tests are? How old are the questions?...

need information about Autofrettage system
Hello everybody, I want to manufacture a cylinder for my ultra high presure pump (waterjet pump) but i do not know enough information about how to manufacture it. The cylinder size is below Inner...
10
10

Electrostatic charges or other kind of forces?
I have an experimental apparatus with an inner cross-section of 15 x 1.5 centimeters and an height of 1 meter. Inner walls (front and rear walls) are made of common glass whereas plexiglas is used for...
1
1

Where can I buy internally coloured glass microbeads?
I need, for an experimental campaign, internally (hence not on the surface but in the bulk of the particle) coloured glass microbeads (range 200-800 microns). Where can I buy them? Thanks in advance.