Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Where to find plastic like in film conversion boxes?
Where would you go to get thin, grainless semi-opaque semi-translucent plastic like that found in film-to-video conversion units? Ideally, hoping to find a place in the Orlando FL area that might have...
2
2

zirconia materials
Zhengzhou Zhenzhong Fused Zirconia Co.,Ltd, a Zirconia manufacturer in China , For the last twenty years,we have been specilized in producing Fused Zirconia materials ,currently we own nine national...

What is Plattinol ???
According to Whymper, second edition of _Cacao_and_Chocolate, Anton Reiche chocolate molds produced an especially glossy result because of their proprietary plating with Plattinol, as opposed to the...
9
9

Re: neutron decay --- the nature of (update)
I need to revise the writ in a writ from earlier toyear. (O, the URL therein had "1326" as the thread's lotter; I didn't choose it even thouh it would be relevant to my thèory.) Fe-56 is not as...
10
10

calcium silicide
can any body help me informing the calcium silicide powder production/making process details... how the process may be simpler with cost effective like chineese companies are doing?

Re: Specific Heat Capicity Higher than Water (old thread)
New line of ideas, beside ammonia and hudrojèn and clathrates: How about that one takes methane and squishes it with moderate fields (er, maybe pumped by a He laser*) to get a polar sandwich such as...

tungsten single crystal
Hi all, i'm looking for a factory that could provide a tungsten single-crystal of at least 70mm diameter (if it's a rod), or at least 70x2mm if it's a foil. In both cases thickness should be 0.5mm...

Going price for Alum (not aluminum)?
I've heard that alum fetches a high price. Is this true? How is that possible, if it's so easy to synthesize? Where can I find a buyer, if I decide to start production? What is the difference between...

If you hit a diamond with a hammer, would it break the diamond or dent the hammer?
-Assuming a standard steel hammer like you'd use to drive nails. I know diamonds a very hard, but is that the same thing as 'tough'? As in resistance to shock and impact? Would a better test be to...

tungesten mono-crystals
Hi all, i'm looking for a factory who could provide a tungsten mono-crystal of at least 7cm diameter. Does someone know who facture theme ? Best regards, Andrea.

can't find data
Who has the hardness of B2O3 and Ga2O3?

Data Management
Enser Corporation is now offering special pricing for installing Windchill PDMLink & ProjectLink solutions On Average, how many hours does it take for your employees to search and find documents? How...

Diffusion coefficients of Nb and Mo in Inconel 625
Nauman has recently asked about the diffusion coefficients of Nb and Mo in Inconel 625. These coefficients can be accurately calculated (at a given temperature or even as a function of temperature)...

BeO / LiH ?
Say you want a nonconductive high melting point, high specific heat, high thermal conductivity material, and aren't particularly worried about cost. LiH has a high specific heat and decent heat...
5
5

is there a transparent substance . . .
I can use to fill a carved piece of wood up to a flat finish? Most guitars . . . Fender are encased in poly urethane. Will this shrink and have slight but still noticable depressions? I want to carve...
2
2