Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Please participate in an energy & environmental poll survey
Dear Sir/Madam: We are researchers from Shih Hsin University and are launching a new survey, this is non-profit academic research. In this survey, we would like to know your opinions about the topics...

looking for Elastic plastic foil
Hi all, Years ago I received some computerparts (a Dell flatscreen) that were packed in a special kind of plastic foil. This foil would be perfect for some other job. But I can't find it nowhere, I...
5
5

Resistance of transition metals to alkaline solutions
Does anyone here know a good reference for the alkali resistance of various metals? I wanted to use a thin cobalt film in an optoelectronic device, but the cobalt corroded away completely in the...
1
1

Material Question
Can someone help me with a suggested plastic material for an injection molded part? The application is has two basic needs: 1. It will be used near the face/mouth so non-toxicity is a must. 2. It will...
2
2

Flow viscosity of titanium nitride
Can someone here give me a number for the flow viscosity of titanium nitride?
1
1

polycrystalline silicon project
Dear Sirs or Madams: I am looking for technical support to build a solar grade silicon production plant in China at a scale of 300 to 1000 tons annually. The raw materials needed for such production...

Information on short run plastic moulding?
What materials are normally used to form moulds for plastic. How do you stop it sticking to the plastics you are moulding. Hi there my name is Nicholas Lealand, I am working with a performance arts...
1
1

Dealing with drum glides on Montgomery Ward dryer
Have an old Montgomery Ward dryer ca. '79. When replacing the ball/socket bearing at the back of the drum, I see that the glides are showing considerable wear. The dryer still functions but it's just...
1
1

C code
Can anyone provide with a simple mechanical enginerring problem for which C code can be written?
6
6

Foodsafe cement
Hello all, I'm designing a teapot and would like to use some kind of molded cement or concrete rather than ceramic because cement does not need to be fired. I was wondering if there is any foodsafe...
1
1

Non Magnetizing Material
Ordinary iron or steel tend to magnitize in a B field. Is there any material that is attracted to a magnet that doesn't eventually turn into a magnet in a magnetic field? Bret Cahill
4
4

Question on microsegregation in metals
Hi, I have a question about the chemical analysis of an alloyed metal, one that had such elements as copper, antimony and arsenic added as hardening agents. My understanding is that if one examines...
1
1

Materials for lightweight box on a bicycle trailer
Hi, I've been considering various materials for the construction of a lightweight lidded box to fix onto my bicycle trailer. I started with the idea of using 3mm plywood over a timber frame, which is...
2
2

Grinding Heat Resistant Materials To Shape
I'm designing a special holder that would have to encounter heat no more extreme than that from a soldering iron. I'm not too familiar with ceramics, phenolic, or bakelite, but would appreciate advice...

Grinding Heat Resistance Materials