Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Axial resolution of microscopic techniques
Dear, I am a PhD student at the Catholic University of Leuven (Belgium) in material sciences with a question about microscopy. One of my collegues is exploring the capabilities of a CSLM (confocal...
9
9

jelly candy
hi..i have experiment about jelly candy.."related sucrose, sorbitol, glucose and honey for water activity, viscosity, roughness jelly candy" can you help me???

Analysis of STM images
Hi, I m working on ZnO oxide powdered nano-particle. In these days i m doing analysis of STM images of given material. Can anybody tell me about the tips of analysis of these images? Thanks, Best...

thermit and aluminothermic for ferrotitanium
can anybody helpme to find out the mixture proportion for getting ferrotitanium from rutile/ilmenite ? what would be the material for crucible for the aluminothermic reaction for the process? can we...

Diamond synthesis thro' "the Uncle Al process"?
Well the San Andreas fault hasn't cut loose and it's July 31st today. How are the "third and final series of attempts" at diamond synthesis by the "Uncle Al route" progressing? My continuing interest...
2
2

Tip Approach
I have a problem in approaching STM tip on powdered ZnO nanoparticle. I am using UHV STM along with SEM.

High Thermal Conductivity Adhesives
Is there anything with > 30% the thermal conductivity of Al? Very low stress and temperatures will be less than 300F. Bret Cahill

CuO adhesion.
Good morning. Any one can tell me what is the adhesion force or shear strenght of CuO to metal Cu? Thank you and my best regards, Vitor.

Mechanical behaviour of nano materials under compression
Hi all, I have been reading quite a bit about nanoporous materials, nanoparticles and carbon nanotubes embedded in polymer matricies and how they effect the tensile properties of the material compared...

HEAT STORAGE PLATES IN GOOGLE
Hello, I invite everybody to type "heat retentive plates" in Google to learn about a ceramic microwaveable heat retentive plate that you preheat for just one minute, and stays HOT FOR 1/2 HOUR and the...

Bending stiffness of fiber composite depending on fiber angle
Hi Would anyone have advice on how the bending stiffness of a fiber-matrix composite depends on the angle of the fibers? Should be a pretty basic problem, but I could only find information for the...

nanomaterial safety, cleaning and risks
Hi, we have sorted some SigmaAldrich nanoparticles - many types based on Si, C, Zr, etc. I wonder if anyone can advise on safety, cleaning (carpets, room) and protection from nanoparticles,...

Determine the Young's Modulus and Shear Modulus of Woven Roving
If the fiber weight per unit area of a woven roving(WR) is given as 24oz/sq yard fabric with a 5 X 4 weave style, is it a wise idea to calculate the Young's Modulus (Tensile Modulus) of the WR by...
1
1

Custom-made Fiber Bragg Grating
Custom-made Fiber Bragg Grating ------- Apodized FBG, FBG Array, Long Period Grating, F-P Grating, and DFB Grating TRICOM is professionally engaged in design, development, production and sales of...

GeneXproTools 4.0 - GEP modeling tools for Math and Boolean problems
I'm proud to announce that Gepsoft is releasing today GeneXproTools 4.0, a new version of the easy and powerful predictive analytics tool APS 3.0. GeneXproTools is a data analysis tool that creates...