Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ice properties under extreme cold and pressure
I am trying to figure out maximum height a given diameter base can support, cooled to liquid nitrogen temperature. Cannot find stress-strain rate and other related data for ice at very low...
4
4

Multiscale Modeling of Materials: Mathematics and Computation, May 06
Northwest Consortium for Multiscale Mathematics and Applications Invites Contributors and Attendees to the workshop on: Multiscale Modeling of Materials: Mathematics and Computation May 25-30, 2006...

Glass viewport at vacuum chamber
What should be the glass thickness at high vacuum chamber viewport. How should I calculate it? I would like to have a view diameter of 20". Thank you.
1
1

EC-funded Research Visits: Application Deadline 15/05/2006
--------------------------------------------------- Next HPC-EUROPA deadline for applications: 15 May 2006 ---------------------------------------------------- Are you a scientist of postgraduate...

history question
what's the history of development of silica-reinforced tire rubbers? from where/whom did this breakthrough come?
4
4

Anomalous movement resistance in a spinning gyroscope
symmetric harnessed gyroscope accelerated to a given spinning frequency takes different time periods to stop, depending on the direction of previous spins. For repeated alternating, anticlockwise and...
4
4

How to cut 3/4" dia. latex 'rod' cleanly?
I have a project that includes cutting 1/2" lengths from 3/4" OD x 1/8" ID black latex tubing. (These pieces will be rollers mounted on 1/8" aluminum rod.) I'm having trouble cutting clean,...
2
2

Looking for a job
Hi I am looking for a job in metallrugy or materials science. I am very good at using all materials testing instruments. characterization techiniques. I am giving my resume below. if you come across...
2
2

Insulation for piping
Regardless of cost ( and all factors other than insulating efficiency ) what is the best insulating material/technique for pipes today - oil to be tranported at ~ 200 C. double walled piping + semi...
2
2

PET foaming
I'm starting to work on a new project about PET foaming.....can someone help me in this interesting "adventure"? Is it possible to foam PET? Do you know any supplier that has already developed a line...

can som1 pls temme abt the science of ceramics
i m a b.tech student wanna know more abt the science of extraordinary properties of ceramics according to their industrial applications . and the future applications of same pls can some one highlight...

Fibre Reinforced Healthcare
There is a one-day seminar highlighting the medical applications of composites. TITLE: Fibre Reinforced Heathcare DATE: Wednesday 5th April 2006 LOCATION: Rutland Square Hotel, Nottingham, UK. Join us...

Request for material recommendation for cam and follower with high contact stress
Hello everyone, I would like to ask if anyone could please help me with the following situation. I have a very small radial disk cam with an oscillating roller follower that has high contact stress...

removal of contact adhesive
Does anyone know of a good way to remove contact adhesive from a bare wood surface?

Wave behavior in softening region
I would like to dissuss the behaviour of wave in softening or post bifurcation region. My understanding is the wave will not propagate as the slope of stress- strain curve is -ve and the veocity of...