Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Thermography on Composites
Is anyone performing thermography to characterize damage in polymer matrix composite materials as a commercially available service? I know some of the NASA centers and prime aerospace firms are...

superplastic forming - composite
And ideas as to what would happen if one tried to blow form a woven composite like Twintex using argon pressure? Obviously it would be done at low temperatures, but would the gas just pass straight...

Electromigration
das thema wurde in der gruppe schon lange nicht mehr diskutiert. Gel=F6st. keine Bedarf? Ich versuche grade rauszufinden, wo die aktuellen Themen in diesem Gebiet sind: U Mutz
1
1

PLA
hello i am looking for the method for the synthesis of PLA of mol. wt. about 50000. is there any method of syntheing it without going to lactide please tell me vimal

Pendulum Impact Tester (izod)
We're looking for a small (10j) pendulum impact tester with analog output to do izod tests on plastics. Any recommendations? Thanks. .. Mark

Air absorbtion by charcoal.
Hi. I would like to know if activated charcoal absorbs air under pressure. FE if I have a vessel containing air close to atmospheric pressure and atmospheric temperatures, but which is subject to...
1
1

polymer
how epoxide equivalent weight of epoxy is related to rest of its properties .

Foam extrusion
Working on a new line that can produce foamed sheet based on physical expansion (N2) i'm looking for any suggestion able to get the line yield increased. Actual major problems: - thickness...
2
2

graduate schools for MSE
can anyone suggest good graduate schools for materials science, polymer science or closely related area. most of ud are aware of the reputation about strong schools like stanford, MIT, harvard , UC...
1
1

MSE job ideas--Columbus, OH
I am struggling to find a electronic materials/physics job in the Columbus, OH area for a new PhD grad. I initially thought that because of OSU and Battelle I'd be able to find a few startups, but so...
1
1

FS: Sun System EC13HA environmental chamber
FS: Sun System EC13HA environmental chamber I have two of these guys for sale- I need the space cleared soon. Sun System EC13HA environmental chamber they are set-up for Nitrogen. VERY NICE AND CLEAN...
1
1

Questions regarding maximum yield strength for standard hardened steel dowel pins
Hello everyone, I would like to ask if anyone could please help me with the following situation. I am using a standard hardened steel "pull out" dowel pin from as a bearing shaft. I need to know the...
5
5

forming FMLs
What are the issues in forming (simple curvature) laminates of composite-metal, e.g. fibre-metal laminates used in aircraft structures like Glare, Arall. - in terms of material properties such as...
1
1

When Is It Science Fair / Science Project Time ?? about now?
When is it "Science Fair / Science Project Time" ? Is it about now? Years ago, we had local science projects due in late winter for the State Science Fair at Univiersity of Illinois in the Spring....
2
2

implant materials
Hi I want information about implant material or link about it in the internet. Thanks for your help
3
3