#5 Plastic Recycling

I have a lot of household plastic containers marked #5 that I want to recycle.
Only #1 and #2 items are recycled curbside here. I found a local business
that claims to recycle #5 but they won?t accept my items claiming that
household #5 items have many different chemistries and therefore are not
suitable for mixing with the #5 they process. Is there any truth to this.?
There are many businesses producing plastic parts in this area and the company
I spoke to caters to the scrap plastic that they produce. Common sense tells
me #5 is #5 no matter what form it?s in. Thanks for your input.
Reply to
Kirkster

Site Timeline