How to cut 3/4" dia. latex 'rod' cleanly?

I have a project that includes cutting 1/2" lengths from 3/4" OD x 1/8" ID black latex tubing. (These pieces will be rollers mounted on 1/8"
aluminum rod.) I'm having trouble cutting clean, perpendicular edges with a utility knife, even though I wet the blade to make slicing easier.
Anyone have any hints, pointers to appropriate tools, etc? I have a band saw; what sort of blade might do this job?
Thanks!
David Hakala Denver, CO
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Try freezing in dry ice before sawing.
Mark Thorson wrote:

Thanks!
Right after posting this question, a lightbulb came on.
I happen to have a drill chuck mounted on the shaft of a sewing machine motor. I use it for winding new fishing line onto my reels, for one thing.
I skewered a foot of latex tubing on a wooden dowel, chucked up one end and made a v-shaped support for the free end. Rev 'er up, apply lubricated utility knife, and voila' - perfect rollers! :-)