physics department studying on smart materilas n u sa universities

hi there I want to study on smart materilas n a physics graduate program. But smart materilas are generally studied by material engineering
departments.I had a look at all university physcis department pages but not available smart materilas.If you offer me a physics program studying on smart materilas ,I will be too much happy.