Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Denmark : Call for Phd Admission in Aarhus Graduate School of Science -Scholarships and Fully Funded Projects
Applications are invited for admission to AGSoS, Aarhus Graduate School of Science, at the University of Aarhus. A few AGSoS scholarships and a number of fully funded projects are available in this...

butane propane mixture as for a bbq
Dear terry: ... I imply that others have raised a question about the safety of the gas source's constituents as being safe for human consumption. Early in life, we have parents that make rules we have...
6
6

Mechanical Cars, Electronic Systems, & Emergency Driving Maneuvers
Of course cars are mechanical but have advanced electronic systems. And some of the electronic systems relate to control of the mechanical car. Here is a link to viewpoints of the KBH School of...

Impact - a Free Explicit Dynamic Finite Element
Impact - a Free Explicit Dynamic Finite Element is an open source finite element program suite which can be used to predict most dynamic events such as car crashes or metal sheet punch operations....

CfP: Self-X and Autonomous Control in Mechatronics and Production
***************************************************************************= ***** INDIN 2010 - Special Session 8th IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics Call for Papers Self-X and...

2.8" Touchscreen LCD clamping.
Good day all, I am trying to fix a 2.8" touchscreen LCD into an aperture in an aluminium panel. I have a gasket to seal it on the front and now I need to clamp the LCD in. The LCD manufacturers tell...
1
1

Re: Narrow Band Reflector for Lasers
We can't do stuff like that anymore. We're in a situation much like that guy in a _New Yorker_ cartoon. He's in court and the judge, jury, witnesses and lawyers are all women. He's hanging his head in...

Why did you choose to be an Engineer?
Dear Engineer, I would like to know why did you choose to be an Engineer, Kindly click on the below link and leave your reply Regards,...

In The Thick Of It
A while back I started on building a Vulcan harp but the plans I was using were flawed-- badly flawed. So eventually I started making changes on my own; I just about managed to get everything all...
6
6

inexact differentials
Dear Rudy von Massow: Adding to distribution. Do you mean "indefinite integrals"? David A. Smith
1
1

Taggent Material To Indicate Roadbed Digging / Road Side Bombs
Scattered about. It would be impossible to mine all the roads. It wouldn't be too bad an idea if civilians didn't get blown up. Bret Cahill
3
3

$5,000 Retro Fit Hybrid Kit
Even the prototype is only $100K. the big engine in there for the road trips. The unsprung weight doubles and the batteries might not always be near the original design center of mass but aside from...
48
48

Does Poisson's Ratio Apply To Dough? A Short Poem
Does Poisson's Ratio apply to dough? I don't know
1
1

heat film on windows
I am trying to sift through sales propaganda to see if this window film would be economical for me. This film is in contact with the window and blocks light energy from passing. In the summer, radiant...
2
2

Q: Looking for source for this unusual fastener
I recently encountered as special nut or nut-like fastener and it is just the thing for a particular application where a bolted connection needs to be cinched up once and provide a connection that...
2
2