Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Single phase variable control motors?
Hi, I am trying to find an electrical hoist, which has variable speed, single phase motors. I am unable to find any. Is there a technical reason why? Or would it be a business reason? Any insight?...
3
3

Back stress
Hi all, I am actually going through Non-linear kinematic hardening Chaboche material model, and the whole data goes around back stress. what exactly is this back stress? The information I got is...
1
1

Centrifuge at hypersonic speeds?
[snip rest of crap] Have you ever been correct about anything? idiot The limiting equatorial velocity, for a rotating sphere ( velocity is independent of the size of the object) is given by v_lim =...
4
4

New Academia feature for sci.engr.mech
Dear members, I wanted to tell the mailing list about a new feature on launched 9 months ago and now helps 180,000 academics a month answer the question 'who's researching what?' We have built a...
1
1

Ultem 1000 Properties
For more information on the suitability of Ultem 1000, I suggest visiting:

lattice boom in compression - optimal design
Hello Could you point me to some resources for studying: Optimal design / specification for lattice-frame booms loaded in pure compression - as you would find for classic derricks (gin-pole,...
3
3

Japan : Scholarship for Phd at KUT Graduate School of Engineering
Every year in April and October, the KU enrolls selected foreign doctoral students under specific research projects. The students pursue the doctoral course in English while at the same time assisting...

Japanese Government Engineering Scholarships for International Students
The International Graduate Program for non-Japanese students offering advanced professional training leading to the degrees of Master of Engineering and Doctor of Engineering. Students will have the...

controlling old Klinger stages with Newport XPS motion controller
Does anyone have experience with controlling Klinger TCB 200 stages with the new Newport XPS universal motion controller? The Klinger stages have the UE72PP motor (M062-LS03) made by Superior Electric...
1
1

Looking for software for mechanical engineering
Does anyone know of a software package that exists that can find mechanical properties from a 2D cad file or from points (able to obtain some different formats if need be) ? Such as: area moment of...
1
1

University of Groningen: PhD position in Peer to Peer Architectures for the Power Grid
The Distributed Systems (DS) group at the University of Groningen is a growing group focusing on the exploitation of all the possibilities offered by Service-Oriented Computing by performing...

AutoFEA ("JL Analyzer") Finite Element software
Does anybody know anything about the AutoFEA Finite Element software (formaly known as JL Analyzer) from the site below? They offer free trial download but do not respond to e-mail or phone messages...

f(t) = 40 + 10t + (4+ t)sin(t)sin(10t)
For a good time paste this function in Bret Cahill Wolfram|Alpha brings expert-level knowledge and capabilities to the broadest possible range of people—spanning all professions and education...
15
15

Mathematical Optimization Methods and Software in Mechanical Enginering
Dear all, I would like to inform you about the new project devoted to mathematical optimization mehtods and software in engineering design and manufacturing: site is under construction, however I...

Link Force and Torque calculations
I'm trying to calculate the force and toque in a linkage system and was wondering if someone could do a quick check and see if I did anything wrong. You can find the diagram at the link below are the...