Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Q: Where can I find an explanation of how a washing machine dynamically balances itself?
I presume that all top loader washers use a basically similar mechism for dynamically balancing itself. The load in the washer must be evenly distrbuted to some extent, but there must be means for...
1
1

Micro Air Compressor
I really don't think such a thing exists but I need a micro air compressor that will provide at least 100psi. But I only need about 150 ml/Min of flow. I have found plenty that are as small as I want...
6
6

Noise Is 3 Orders of Magnitude Greater Than A Wave Form
Everything is known about the transmitted wave, i.e., the shape & phase angle, except the amplitude. All that is necessary is to recover is the amplitude of the wave. Can this be done when the noise...
65
65

The Sweet Spot = Center of Percussion If Batters' Arms Are Considered Part of the Bat
Why is the "anomaly" below difficult to explain? The bat doesn't swing on a hinge at the end of the bat. It swings on the shoulders of the batter. Bret Cahill "The sweet spot on a baseball bat is...
1
1

How to size an Air Receiver
I've heard so many rules of thumb over the years, it was interesting to find this excerpt from the Carbon Trust suggests the following.. The size of an air receiver will depend on the amount of...
2
2

How to calculate this?
problem link The idea is very simple. If spit a rolling ring to small parts set of n elements (1,2,3,...,n) with mass m then each of them conduct linear and circular movement on surface. Each piece...

Autofea (JL Analyzer) Finite Element Software
Does anybody know anything about the AutoFEA Finite Element software (formaly known as JL Analyzer) from the site below? offer free trial download but do not respond to e-mail or phone messages...

Source for a caster wheel
I hope this isn't too far off topic. I found this caster wheel that this company is using for wheelchairs built in "low income" countries. Well I would like to try that caster form some projects of my...
4
4

Steam Pipe size
Not sure if this is a good question for this group or not...But I have a problem with two sizes of steam pipe coming together. We have a lp boiler supplying 4-7 psi through about 50 feet of 2 1/2 inch...

Scratch-Plot
Scratch-Plot by KBH is a fast-reach, ease-of-use plotting program with a simple file structure. And so Scratch-Plot is suitable for minor design projects...on the fly, off the cuff or on site. Of...
1
1

Excellent Opportunity for Engineers
Dear Budding Engineers, Greetings!!! This is with regards to the Admissions to 5th Batch of PGDIM & MBA in Infrastructure Management for Engineering Graduates & Architects by Visvesvaraya...

Re: IBM's Super Battery
It's Li-air, UA. Wouldn't that theoretically be be up around 9.5 or so?
16
16

Limit Gauge Design
Hi, I was trying to design a limit gauge for a given drawing. Now, my drawing has dimensions (on both "shaft" and "hole" features) with dimensional tolerance and a geometric/form tolerance. From what...

Excellent Opportunity!! - Windchill System Integration Lead, 3 Months, MA
Hi, I am currently looking for a Windchill Sys Intgration Lead for an opportunity with an extremely high profile company. Location : Billerica, MA Duration : 3 months contract to hire Rate : Open...

Re: Sprung Weight; The Eqn of Motion for Vehicle Suspension
you sound like that guy on Shamwow commeritals. Because it is low weight, Vince. ShamWow! cloths was, dry, and polish any surface. They are like a towel, chamois, and sponge all in one--except they're...
2
2