Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Shape Memory Alloy
Hi From some references I have the curves for Young's Modulus and Recovery Stress vs Temperature for an SMA wire with clamped ends. Objective: I want the curve for "Thermal Expansion Coeff" with...

FL Gov. Charles Crist to Open Progressive Manufacturing Summit 2009
The 5th annual Progressive Manufacturing Summit, a top manufacturing industry conference that salutes the most progressive manufacturers at the cutting edge of their fields, will include Florida...

100 MPG X-Prize
The government isn't denying reality. It is now the voting public that is in denial of reality. The reality for elected government officials is that doing anything about the growing debt will only get...
20
20

Re: Managing Your Care Mesothelioma (skin cancer)
Violation of newsgroup charters seems to be one of the laws of Islam.

Mechanical Designers & Tool Makers
Hello, We are mechanical designers & Toolmakers........happy to help out on projects or just answer your questions Anthony http://www.alnoproductservices.com.au
5
5

Some Questions and answers to Boiler Blowdown Tank size.
Boiler Blowdown Vessel Size Conundrums: Does anyone have any hard and fast rules on boiler blowdown vessel sizing ? We manufacture a range of Blowdown receivers and supply then to a broad spectrum of...

Pressure Vessels for Boiler Blowdown.. Sizing any Ideas ?
Boiler Blowdown Vessel Size Conundrums: Does anyone have any hard and fast rules on boiler blowdown vessel sizing ? We manufacture a range of Blowdown receivers and supply then to a broad spectrum of...

Blow Blowdown Vessel Sizing
Boiler Blowdown Vessel Size Conundrums: Does anyone have any hard and fast rules on boiler blowdown vessel sizing ? We manufacture a range of Blowdown receivers and supply then to a broad spectrum of...
1
1

35 mpg Fleet On Schedule for $8 - $10/gallon gas
In other words, you _will_ be paying more to drive the same distance. Bret Cahill

Simulating Wrinkling in ANSYS
Hi I need tutorials explaining how to perform a wrinkling simulation of thin membranes I will be grateful for help Best regards - Aldebaran -
1
1

Re: Hypersonic scramjet transports imminent.
The reluctance to use airbreathing engines for part of the time to reach orbit is due in large part to the fact that jet engines are heavy compared to the thrust they can produce. See the list of...
2
2

Eliminating turbopumps to simplify rocket engines and lower launch costs.
On another space list there was discussion on ideas for prizes that could be offered to spur space access. Here's one that would be important and could have a lot of entrants from many different...
3
3

Am I right ?
Hi An object is attached near the periphery of a bigger one and the bigger object is rolling. After some time the link between the two breaks and the smaller one flies off tangentially. I want to know...
2
2

Small Free Spinning Wind Turbine Shuts Down CA 58 Near Mojave
Someone must have thought that it would fly apart at 90 rpm and harpoon a motorist on 58 a hundred yards away. Any problems due to imbalance will increase with the square of the free spinning...
2
2

MEPESTUDY Group
For those of you who plan to take the Mechanical PE exam, you are invited to drop by the MEPESTUDYGROUP. The MEPESTUDYGROUP is an online forum where members share prep strategies for the upcoming...