Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Off Spec "Whatever You Can Get Away With" Needs To Be Taught As Part of Formal Engineering Education
Bright engineers already know that the big breakthroughs come from what isn't _known_ to be ok. This needs to be formalized into a course. Bret Cahill
6
6

structural stress and thermal stress in combine
i don't know whether this is right. currently, fem software use coupled structural stress and thermal stress to retain stresses and displacement by the same stiffness matrix. that means the computer...

Where to get small flexible (corrugated" metal tubing
I'm not sure of the correct terminology to use but I have been trying to find some "corrugated" metal tubing with threaded attachments on the ends. Kind of like item 50035A661 from web site. The...
5
5

new job: FIELD ENGINEER / SITE SURVEYOR
Engineer with experience in I.C.I. projects, is required by General contracting Co. for a project in Niagara Falls Checkout this link for details:

Vector Mechanics for Engineers, Statics, Fifth Edition
Does anyone have the Solutions for Vector Mechanics for Engineers, Statics, Fifth Edition? Thank you.
1
1

Are pressure transducers "nuke technology"?
Is this story credible or just government paranoia? man accused of trying to export nuke technology Updated Fri. Apr. 17 2009 10:20 AM ET The Canadian Press TORONTO -- Police say a Toronto man is...
12
12

bc for ss
for the simply supported 2d model,say the model is just supported on knife edgw and not clamped ,wat will be thw boundary condition we will be imposing on ANSYS.when i opted for constraining only...
8
8

Call for papers – IEEM2009, 8-11 Dec, Hong Kong
Following the success of IEEM2007 and IEEM2008 held in Singapore, IEEM2009 will be held in Hong Kong, 8-11 Dec. Do let other potential contributors know of this conference. Thank you very much for...

Solder Shelf Life - 96-Sn/4-Ag
I have some Kester rosin core wire solder (96-Sn/4-Ag) that has exceeded its shelf life. According to Kester's knowledge base, their Shelf Life Policy statement states that: "Flux cored solder wire...
2
2

A Useful Website for Mechanical Engineering Researchers - MyNetResearch.com
Dear Mechanical Engineering Researcher, With a team of academics, I recently launched the research website, Our website helps to make your research more productive. Specifically, you can: - manage...

Engineering Economy, 14e, Sullivan SM and Sprdsht Sol. is available
If interested contact shmartone at yahoo dot com.

New jobs of Engineering(3)
Electrical Engineer Engineer Engineer From the Webpage: http://www.alljobscanada.ca/2009/03/science/engineering/transportation-engineer/ http://www.alljobscanada.ca/...

Re: Physic in construction bridge
Cross posting to

Software for optimization of structural members
Personal project Constructing a large hovercraft from structural plywood/epoxy. The structural members (a truss/frame mixture) will be built up as required (solid,hollow,I beam). Stressed skin of 1/8...

A new concept of flying. How can that be?
A new concept of flying. How can that be? Your concept is interesting. Describe how you would imagine.