Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hehehehe
Ah! This is so cool! who know what a slide-rule is will know what I mean. And those who don't... well it is super cool anyway! Enjoy!

Electromagnetic Motor
I was searching for new motor technology on youtube a while back and came across this video: you watch closely, you will notice that the speed increases when the electromagnets are further away from...
1
1

More Walking Machines!
Here are some more walking machines I found earlier today: John Deere Walking Tractor? Janson Rhinoceros

Theo Jansen: The art of creating creatures
Has anyone seen these amazing mechanical legs?! wonder if we will start building this type of transportation, or if the military will use it.

Hello All!
I just joined this group and wanted to say hello! By chance, has anyone attended the University of New Mexico for their mechanical engineering program? I plan to attend in the fall of 2010 and would...

Learn more about AutoCAD 2010
Learn more about AutoCAD 2010 User Interface Initial Setup Workspaces Application Menu Ribbon Quick Access Toolbar New Features Workshop Document =A0 Parametric Drawing Dynamic Blocks Annotation Tools...

Download AutoCAD 2010
Download AutoCAD 2010

spherically deformed isotropic elastic solid
Say, an infinite isotropic medium with a spherical cavity cut out, and a sphere just a little too big jammed in the void. I'm trying to set this problem up from scratch, but am mainly scratching my...
8
8

Abu Dhabi from the sky
Abu Dhabi from the sky Abu Dhabi is the Capital of the UAE, and the largest of the seven Emirates, constituting over 85% of the nation's total land area. Abu Dhabi possesses 10% of the world's oil 5%...

Durability of Kevlar In High Wear Environment
Could braided Kevlar fishing line under 10% test strength tension withstand a few weeks of continuous sandblasting? Bret Cahill
5
5

How to consider gravity in a dynamic analysis?
This question may be a little simple. But it confuses me..... In my case,the analysis is a time-history analysis of a structure under earthquake. First, gravity analysis, and then, dynamic analysis...
5
5

Coefficients of Friction & Restitution v Some Generalized "Contact" Coefficient
Doesn't friction ultimately involve impact on some microscopic scale? And doesn't impact ultimately involve friction on some microscopic scale? Both can lose as much energy to heat as to kinetic...
10
10

OT Make Mine An Airbus
Here's the recovery sequence for USAir 1549 from the 17th Jan continuing into the 18th. Whatcott Altus OK

Beam mass model of crankshaft (urgent)
Hi All, i need to perform the modal analysis of a single throw crank shaft by modeling it in the form of beam and mass elements in ANSYS. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Regards...

World Building Services Forum
Visit for more information