Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help finding a piston pump
I hate shopping for pumps. They never just throw the price right out there for you. This time I am looking for a piston pump which I am not very familiar with. I am looking for the smallest least...
5
5

What is going on in Dubai?
Modern Architecture & Design news What is going on in Dubai? =A0 What is going on in Dubai? IS DUBAI NUTS? Dubai in 1990 prior to the craziness =A0 The same street in 2003 =A0 Last year The madness....

heat resistant coiled conductor
I have a 60 watt temperature regulated induction heater that heats liquid flowing through steel tubing with an outside diameter of a quarter inch. In the prototype I wound automotive zip cord around...
1
1

Re: Battery Development Held Up By Widespread Transport Ignorance; The Average 1 Star Chef Knows More About Heat Transfer Than the Average Scientist or Engineer
Tell the librarian to get a heat transfer handbook and a textbook on heat mass and momentum transfer
1
1

Structural dynamics:urgent question
Let us say that,to a structure, I apply a dynamic force (say harmonic) for 1 second. Now, I would like to determine how the displacements of the structure diminish due to damping for the next few...

Brief history of Palestine / Part....1
Brief history of Palestine / Part....1 3'RD MILLENNIUM BC 3'rd millennium BC : The Canaanites were the earliest known inhabitants of Palestine. They became urbanized and lived in city- states, one of...
1
1

modal analysis of simply supported beam
i have done experimental, analytical and numerical modal analysis of simply supported beam. the analytical and experimental results are in corellation. i have a problem with numerical analysis. i...
5
5

Announcing "Academia.edu" to the Mechanical Engineering community
Dear all, I recently finished my Ph.D at Oxford on the philosophy of perception. With a team of people from Stanford and Cambridge, I've just launched a website, which does two things: - It shows...
1
1

FE-Sizer Update - Release 3.39.0
Do you perform, maintain, or review/check orifice calculations for your production plant's orifice flow meters or for process plant instrumentation design engineering for your engineering firm? Then...

Re: flywheel home energy storage [non vacuum]
I got the numbers from the referenced website. The story goes something like this Greg, First people work really hard for nothing, Then people work really hard for barely enough, Then people work hard...
2
2

Re: Wii
01.05.2008 Jää historian kirjoihin erityispäivämääränä josta alkaa ydinalan vaikeudet kasautumaan aivan erityisesti myös Suomessa. Jo siitä asti kun puollisentoista vuotta sitten Krister...

Confidence Factors in Risk Assessments (Cross Posted)
Hi Folks - having developed a fairly rudimentary risk matrix for the assessment of 'risk of piping failure', I need to add a confidence factor to the formula. Clients will be generating their own...
1
1

High Temperature Motor Applications
Hello all, I am wondering if anyone out there has any idea on good applications for High Temperature Electric motors. Im pretty open for suggestions. It doesn't seem that there are a lot of options on...
1
1

The 100 MPG X-Prize Loser
In 2009 and 2010 entries for the 100 MPG X-Prize will run their cars in road tests to determine the winner... A car that might lose...if entered...would be the 2001 Audi A2 1.2 TDI. The A2 1.2 TDI is...
4
4

Re: I will appear in Jerusalem.I am a hero.If you want to know what is "Armageddon", it is necessary to look at the following.I am Isaac Newton.
Spamming troll alert. He posts on all unmoderated newsgroups, looking for someone that gives a shit about his personal delusions. It was only a matter of time.