Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

If You Aren't Creating IP . . .
. . . you are as worthless as Al Gore in a dust devil. All you are doing is putting out CO2. Bret Cahill
2
2

looking for information on in situ stiffness and mass
The following link introduces a finite element method for evaluation of in-situ stiffness and mass there other methods developed? Thanks. This post presents timing results of 4-byte real matrix...

Optimization of a finite volume differencing scheme for multispecies transport problem
I am working on a 3d finite volume scheme for an advection-diffusion- reaction problem involving a large number of chemical species (more than 60) and a large domain (an big lake for example). Since...
1
1

Re: Faking A Tech Background
"You are vexed therefore I am right about you." -- Nietzsche Care to try again? Bret Cahill
1
1

The One Quad Society
Pretty self explanatory: You can join if you figger out how to save a quadrillion btus /year in oil. Tweakers and issue dodgers need not apply. Bret Cahill Bret Cahill
11
11

Dodgin' Peak Oil Ain't Gonna Happen
So give up yer girly fantasy right now. Even the girly gobernator of California is realistic on that one. Bret Cahill

Who Will Stand This Mighty Destroyer of Pretend Engineers?
I'm taking all comers. Bret Cahill
118
118

Objectica Extends Mathematica's Capabilities with Object Orientation
July 29, 2008--With the release of Objectica, users can perform object orientation functions using Mathematica. Objectica supports full object orientation, including abstract data types, inheritance,...

Aronhold-Kennedy Theorem
Hello all! Could someone point me to a PROOF of the Kennedy-Arnhold Theorem? "When considering three links - i, j, k - the three instantaneous centers - Pij, Pik, Pkj - are co-linear." I have seen its...
1
1

Continuous Operation From Grid-Battery Tractors
Diesel power is now almost 4X the cost of the grid. Battery cost is 2X - 3X grid cost and the combination is just now about equal to or in some areas already below the cost of diesel. Unlike electric...
21
21

Strong glue to hold the metal sheets
Hi I am looking for glue which can hold the metal sheet together and further the sheets can be tested under compression without de- laminating or failure (20% strain). I have tried GB Weld and it is...
3
3

Request for recommendation for self locking nut with highest resistance to removal
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone having experience with self locking nuts can help me with the following. At I found four types of self locking nuts I can use on a 1/4-28 thread bolt. I just want to...
18
18

Packaging designers: solve DDL's Packaging Quizzler for the chance to win an iPod!
This Week's Quizzler Question is: Package and product testing should always be expanded to include vibration testing when there is a chance of exposure to what environments? ( )Transportation ( )...

California Cars
Now I see an article where 13 major states want car emission standards that are higher than the Federal requirement. Then the auto makers say that two different standards will raise development costs...
2
2

Bolted cover joints [Pressure vessel] to reduce cover od.
Hello friends, I want your guidance please, While I am designing a cover joint for pressure vessel with reference to ASME VIII, the bolting area required increase for L7 when compared B7 material,...
1
1