Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

CALL FOR PAPERS: CBU 2013, Ulm, Germany, 1st Call for Abstracts
CBU 2013 18th International Symposium on Computational Biomechanics in Ulm Germany May 13th and 14th, 2013 After two years it's time again to come together at Villa Eberhardt in Ulm and see what's...

Invitation from Dr Roland Clarke, Co-Chair - Renewable Energy Finance Forum Latin America and the Caribbean, REFF-LAC 2013, Miami
Renewable Energy Finance Forum Latin America and the Caribbean (REFF-LAC) April 30 - May 1, 2013 | Miami, Florida Invitation from Dr Roland Clarke, Co-Chair - Renewable Energy Finance Forum Latin...

CFP SMI'13 Shape Modeling International 2013
======================== SMI'2013 Shape Modeling International 2013 10-12 July, 2013 National Centre for Computer Animation, Bournemouth University Poole, UK Conference Chairs: Peter Comninos, Bianca...

Micro air compressor, 60 psi, as small as possible flow is not that important?
I need a micro air compressor that can generate at least 60 psi. No tank would be preferred. The flow rate is not that important just that the pressure is high enough.I have found many small...
1
1

how to build this part
Hello, First, I'm not a mechanical engineer, just some other kind (EE), with a one-time mechanical problem. I need to find a way to make a steel cone, with a thin wall section, like in a funnel. The...
1
1

making a worm type robot
We have got an project of making a worm type moving robot. My main concern is how to design the mechanical part. can anyone suggest me any ideas. Please.

Rheolef 6.3: a free and efficient C++ finite element library
Rheolef: an efficient FEM C++ finite element library for solving PDE Version : 6.3 Home: Book: News in 6.3: * minor bugs fixed * portability improved Distibution: sources and binaries as debian...

how much air needed to run a 5hp briggs & stratton as an air driver for belt dri
I'm building a genset for my home power using an old modified 5hp briggs as an air powered driver, my question is; how much volume & pressure will it take? If i use a gast compressor must i store the...
3
3

Newsgroups First Reality TV Like Thread; Today's Topic: DIY Alignment
The goal: To see if & how long it takes to properly do a front end alignment. A previous half hearted effort failed and at the time of this post there has been no subsequent research although I'm...
1
1

The Deltoid Pumpkin Seed; 60 Cent/Watt Solar PV Powered Blimps
High energy density super caps might not work with the insurance industry when it comes to ground transportation but distributed energy storage may make sense on blimps. Bret Cahill
3
3

tensors
I've been trying to learn tensors, without success. The notation sucks, for one thing. But II don't see the purpose. Einstein needed it for his theory, apparently. But it's also used for solids;...
18
18

Mylar Has Infinite Thermal Conductivity -- Denier
You know of some definition agreed upon by scholarly types at ASME or NAE? You think mylar has infinite thermal conductivity? Bret Cahill
8
8

Lawn Mowers and Energy Usage
Well, grass consumes carbon dioxide and outputs oxygen. But mowing the grass consumes oxygen and outputs carbon dioxide. And of course mowing the grass consumes fuel and outputs various air pollution....
8
8

Determining Fuel Consumption w/ Shakers On Rocket Engines
This is part of the ongoing effort to get deniers more interested in mechanics than conspiracy theories. look at Fig. 1: Obviously drawn by an EE. Then read how the testing ends. Few will deny that...
3
3

Particle Bed Fluidization
is part of the ongoing effort to get deniers more interested in fluid mechanics and less interested in multi-civilizational conspiracy theories. Bret Cahill
6
6