Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Save 40% to 60% on 3D Modelling Outsourcing, Mechanical Design, 3d Animation Services in India
Abuse of charter reported.

Gas Furnace sizeing
What is the general rule when choosing a replacement furnace. I have a 1300sq. ft. rental house in Texas. I don't need the exact size, just a general one. thanks chuck
1
1

Pre-hard machinable steel with highest compressive yield strength
Hi everyone, Can anyone please tell me what machinable pre-hard steel has the highest compressive yield strength ? I'm guessing it would be a pre- hard 4000 series, perhaps 4340 or a bearing steel or...

Re: Save up to 60% On 3d Modelling, 3d Graphics and 3d Animation Services
Abuse reported. Your domain name is now registered as a source for spam, both with Google and with the usenet community. The administrator providing you internet services has been apprised of your...

Re: Mechanical 3d Animation, 3d modelling and 3d Graphics Services at Lowest Rates
There is a charter for this newsgroup. It includes explicit injunction against posting commercial messages. This is a newsgroup for discussion of news, as relates to (in this case) science,...

Two vectors, Two coordinate systems
I have a question that I would like to ask the group given I am not an engineer. This is not a homework problem, but I am trying to figure out how to determine the angle between two cables attached to...
1
1

Re: The true religion
Abuse reported.

In shear or...?
So I'm not an engineer or a student, but I fabricate some things for various jobs I need done. Recently I pondered two things and was wondering about them, if anyone could enlighten me that'd be...
2
2

Re: a quick introduction to..
thousands converted to Islam
1
1

Maximising magnet holding power of two adjacent knife racks
I have a magnetic knife rack which is mounted inside a cupboard door. The knives are not as securely held as I would like. What is the best distance and orientation for a second magnetic rack placed...
3
3

Urgent help on Mechanics of materials Question..
hi everybody.. i have a question that must be solved using any computer program.. the question is : Disks D1, D2, ..., Dn are attached to a fixed ends solid shaft AB of length L, uniform diameter d,...

Certificate ANSYS Course at Pune, India!
Dear All, Hi! As Finite Element Analysis market is growing fast in Indian industries, keeping this in mind I thought helping the students to understand this specialized area of engineering. Widely...

Mechanical Engineering Schools
I am a mechanical engineering student transferring from a community college to a University. My top choices that I have been admitted to are UCLA, UCSB, and UC Davis. All of the schools offer programs...
4
4

which friction coefficient to apply ?
Hello, If looking up a friction coefficient in friction tables, they vary sometimes, or a friction interval is given. So, I am wondering which friction coefficient I have to apply ? Are there any...
5
5

100 MPG X-Prize Entry
I've still be unable to raise the $250,000 I need to field an X-Prize entry for a 100 MPG automobile. Maybe if I give details of my plans then the funds will come in... Well, consider the Audi A2 with...
11
11