Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Product Designer-Sheet Metal Plastic+PRO-E
HCL is looking for (MTS/SMTS/PL Permanent Positions) Product Design with 4-10 yrs experience (Sheet Metal/ Plastics+PRO/E) for its Chennai/ Bangalore locations. If interested, kindly forward your...

an Invitation to be Involved in a Survey on Developing Scientific Computing Software
If you are involved in the development of scientific computing software, you are invited to participate in a survey on developing this kind of software. If you have already received this request, I...

guide the final year project
I am very confuse for taking project for final year. I living at mehasana. so please send me good project tital or report or good industry near mehasana which provide project to the student
3
3

Path planning for industrial robots with tracking
Hi robots, I have folowing problem: Industrial manipulaator moves between point 1(start point) and point 2 (end point) in 3D.End point is not fix (part on the conveyor).How to calculate trajectory...
1
1

Linear Generator design
If I design a Linear generator in which the Stator components move rather than the magnent components will the design be comprimised. I am refering to 1) will it still work as a generator and 2) can a...
2
2

Re: fire fighting pumps
Years ago, I used to work on fire department apparatus including pumps used on fire trucks. The pumps were basic centrifugal pumps with cast iron housings and bronze impellers. They could be either...

Q: source for tapped steel bars
I'm looking for a source of steel flat bars with holes pre-drilled and tapped. When welded to a surface they provide an economical way to fasten components on to structure. For instance, an example...
1
1

Anyone used NASA software to design compressors...?
Hi there! I'm working on a "simple" hobby project that needs a small custom centrifugal compressor, and was evaluating using the freely available (at least to US Citizens) NASA software: - CCD/QUIK...
1
1

Axial test?
Hi all, brief visit to try for some info. I would like to be able to test the load of a fixing i.e if a drill into a wall and insert a rawl plug and vine eye, and then tie my ladder to this vine eye,...
5
5

design of pipe having same internal and external pressure on it.
hi folks, I have to design a pipe carrying 4000 psi having an circular opening into another pipe covering/surrounding the internal pipe.. i referred Machine Design data book by K. Lingaiah and got...
1
1

dynamic behaviour of lighting columns
In the calculation of lighting columns, you must take dynamic behaviour into account. It's done by a factor on the wind loads, that depends on the period of vibration of the column. The European EN 40...
7
7

Use of Two-Resistor Thermal Model for Estimating Junction Temperature of an Electronic Component
Hi folks, I have been using a simple single resistor (ThetaJA) model to estimate junction temperatures. I am now seeing quite a bit of information coming out on using a two-resistor, ThetaJC and...

Q. Safety valve spec
As I know, a safety valve has two limit value. one is Maximum Pressure and the other one is Minimum Pressure. When pressure exceed maximum pressure point, the safety valve might be poped. But, Why...
1
1

(Cp/k)^0.4
The Nusselt number inside of a tube supposedly is Nu = 0.0255(Re)^0.8(Cp/k)^0.4 The units are lengh*time/mass or 3429 cm sec / gm for air at 350 K. Elsewhere in the English unit based book 0.73 is...
9
9

Free Prescription Help Provided By American Consultants Rx
Attention social workers,doctors,non profits,etc. Take advantage of a program offered by American Consultants Rx that my agency has been using for the past 3 is donating discount prescription cards to...