Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Structural Engineer openings
Location: El Segundo, CA Green card or US citizen ONLY #118159 F-35 Program Structural Analysis Engineer. Will be a member of the JSF Center Fuselage Systems Test IPT. Responsible for structural...

christmas soon...
Take a look at this sites related to christmas celebrations christmas ornaments cone christmas tree ornaments christmas ornaments to make dough christmas ornaments asi christmas ornaments

Need Numbers to Complete Crazy Idea Proposal...
Dear Robert Clark: ... What is the point? They will vaporize passing through the atmosphere. Perhaps you did not notice that even the tenuous atmosphere at 60 miles was enough to vaporize a space...
3
3

130 dB dynamic range achieved....
A dynamic signal analyzer achieved 130dB dynamic range. see: You may wonder, my sensor only has 60dB dynamic range. Why do I care about the 130dB dynamic range of your instrument? The real advantage...
3
3

Faculty Position Opportunities, Institute of Statistical Science, Academia Sinica, Taipei
Faculty Position Opportunities Institute of Statistical Science, Academia Sinica, Taipei Contingent upon administrative approval, we expect to have one to two regular research positions available in...

Driving stepper motors smoothly?
First of all, what is the appropriate newsgroup for questions about stepper motors? On with the actual question: Is there a reasonably priced option for driving stepper motors smoothly, i.e., not...
1
1

six sigma on line training
News Six Sigma On-Line Training Initiatives Searchtec Consulting Group is now offering "6 Sigma Black Belt" training. Six Sigma is a set of process improvement methodologies that reach beyond...

Air Flow Formula Help
I need to know how many CFMs I will get with 150psi through a fitting with a 1/8th inch hole. The hose is about 2 feet long, if it matters. Thanks
24
24

an Invitation to be Involved in a Survey on Developing Scientific Computing Software
Dear Participant: If you are involved in the development of scientific computing software, you are invited to participate in a survey on developing this kind of software. If you have already received...

adobe photoshop HELP!
hi, I have an image where its got a feature in it and I need to calculate the area of that feature. I remember from photoshop that its possible to do something to the histogram or to make it so you...
2
2

usage of high temperature grease ???
Dear Friends Being a trader i am alwayz in search of new products which could be week i was offered a high temperature silicon thicked grease , and it was claimed to have drop melting point more than...
1
1

Reminder: multiscale methods
Dear all, For those of you who are interested in the Statistica Sinica theme topic on "Multiscale Methods and Statistics", please submit your manuscripts via the following site as soon as possible:...

Major re-write of sci.engr.* FAQ on Engineers and Quality
Because of a server error, a large section of the sci.engr.* FAQ on Engineers and Quality was cut off and lost. As it happens, this is only a Bad Thing [tm] for one reason: I only have record of Tony...
1
1

Looking for sources of low cost NEMA size 17 bipoloar stepper motors
Hello, We are looking for sources where one can purchase NEMA size 17 stepper motors. The motors should be bipolar, however we are open to the possibility of using unipolar motors. We are looking to...
3
3

Looking for Source for small thrust bearings
Hi everyone, I'm trying to find a source for a small needle roller or ball thrust bearing. The thrust bearing ID must work with a 3/8" OD shaft. I need to keep the OD of the bearing at .71" or...
7
7