Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

details in mastan2
I'm building a 3D frame computation program in PHP and need to build a test case in MatLab/Mastan2, to verify my own programming. However, I cannot see the intermediate matrices in Mastan2, like the...

GeoTools German - Produktivitätswerkzeug für AutoCAD
G E O T O O L S 8.08 C O M M A N D S S N A P S H O T -------------------------------------------------------------------- Die GeoTools sind ein umfangreiches Produktivit=E4tswerkzeug f=FCr AutoCAD....

how much can you torque a bolt
Hello, I am just doing some quick back of the envelope calculations on how much you can torque a bolt. Let's use 60kpsi as the tensile strength, this is just approximate. if I have a 1/4" x 20tpi bolt...
7
7

Basic electric vehicle calculations?
I am coaching a team of 6th graders in Odyssey of the Mind, and they have decided to do the vehicle problem, which involves building a battery-driven electric vehicle strong enough to carry one of the...
3
3

contac52 and combin40
hi, i want to use the contac52 to replace combin40 to do nolineary time history analysis (transient analysis), is it possible, is there anyone has some experience? ithanks

Handbook of Hydraulic Resistance - by I. E. Idelʼchik
Hello to all mech. engineers! I'm from Croatia, and I need Handbook of Hydraulic Resistance - by I. E. Idel=CA=BCchik. I am working on my final project and in need for this book. Does anyone have this...
15
15

How do you get Ball bearings into certain kinds
Hi all, Please consider the diagram of a crossection of a ball bearing assembly (hopefully it makes sense!!) below which I have seen in bearing catalogues (eg Kaydon): ________________________________...
5
5

Algebraic Statistics and Computational Biology
Dear all, We are circulating the table of contents of the Oct. 2007 issue of Statistica Sinica, and very delighted to present eight theme articles on Algebraic Statistics intended for an emerging...

Convergence problem in ansys
I have a nonlinear problem, the nonlinearity is come from gap, i use combin40 to simulate the gap, before i take into the damp, it converged well, but when i introduced the damp(alpha and beta damp),...

rotary engine -- what's the name ??
Recently I spoke to the Engineering Manager of a company which manufactures rotary engines for aircraft. I mentioned to him that I read about a "rotary" engine which is a kind of Wankel engine, but...
67
67

Throat area & Turbine KW output
I wonder If I increase throat area in steam turbine (HP 1st stage diaphram), It would be increase KW output or not? I want to analysis connection between throat area and KW output. How can I analysis...

Design the future contest by NASA...check the link
Hi Check out the concept... Anand :)

natural frequencies
In matrix structural analysis, can I calculate the natural frequencies from the structure stiffness matrix ? If so, how ? some introductory texts available ?
8
8

matrix structural analysis
Using the stiffness method of matrix structural analysis, you build up the stiffness matrix. Is this matrix positive definite ? I know it is symmetrical and usually banded and when the support...
1
1

CFP: International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists IMECS 2008
CFP: International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists IMECS 2008 From: International Association of Engineers - IAENG 19-21 March, 2008, Hong Kong The IMECS 2008 is organized by the...