Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Fuel Reformers for Home Power or Cars & Tractors
> It's a conspiracy. They're in it with the oil companies. Together, they keep supporting a pack of lies called the "laws of thermodynamics." Laws! Ha! -- Ed Huntress
36
36

BEng and MEng at UK Universities
I have put up a directory of UK colleges and universities that offer Bachelor and Master programs in Engineering Visit can get admissions contacts, request brochures, and browse uni's websites Courses...

Complete Video Tutorial on Building a CNC Router
I have been logging my CNC router build on my site using video. I have created about 33+ videos on all of the steps throughout the process. It's really easy to build from these videos and I've had...

Potable Water - The Third Way.
You've heard all about distilling water, and you've heard all about reverse osmosis, but you haven't heard about low-cost, low energy stills: they are brand new. Briefly: Take one forty ft vertical...
30
30

MS Excel help
I need to make multiple graphs in one chart in excel like the ones seen in medical journals. Not just a second axis but an entirelly new graph next to the other. How can this be done thanks.
2
2

Request for help with extension-spring biasing problem (drawing illustration link provided)
Hello everyone, I would like to ask if anyone can please help me with the following problem. I have a small radial plate-cam and bearing housing (cam-housing) that is oscillated manually by hand via a...
8
8

positive position feedback
Hi! Anyone in this group help me with 'designing a Positive Position Feedback controller' for vibration suppression in a flexible cantilever beam? If u have any links to 'designing a PPF controller',...

Pipe Cutting Problem
Hence the recommendation to crosspost (if one must) instead of multipost. Crosspost, don?t multipost When you multipost, people in one group can?t see answers in the other group, which results in lots...
2
2

Cutting tubing lengths
I have a quantity of tubing that must be cut to various lengths with minimum waste. Some years ago I worked with a boiler repair shop that had a program to solve this problem. Now I have need of it I...
5
5

mechanical projects
Hi everyone, I am new to this group, I am currently pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical & Automation and need to build a project for my final year. Regarding that I need some suggestions. I am personally...
1
1

Designing a PT Lumber Structure??
I'd like to design & build a structure from common Home Depot pressure- treated 4X4s and 2X8s, etc. It'll be a horizontally loaded vertical mast, a cantilever beam which will be out in Pennsylvania...
3
3

francis turbine
Dear sir I am the student of university of tehran (Msc) My field is turbomachinary . The subject of my project is hydraulic design distributor of francis turbine. I need some information about stay...

TATHVA '07....Inspiring Innovation...
Tathva is the annual techno management festival of NIT, Calicut (Sept 27th to 30th). With challenging events and attractive prize money, this will be a really good platform for mechanical engineering...
1
1

GeoTools 8.06 - Complete AutoCAD productivity
G E O T O O L S 8.06 C O M M A N D S S N A P S H O T ------------------------------------------------------------------ GeoTools is a productivity tool for AutoCAD. It works on AutoCAD versions...

Plastic gears running in water - any experience anyone?
I have a design that requires a gear pinion to drive a larger geared component. The large component will have a gear ring on its outer edge. The pinion can be of any material. To give an idea of...
7
7