Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Questions regarding Spherical Rod-End standards and/or mounting accuracy
Hi everyone, Does anyone know if there are any standards that apply to the accuracy of spherical rod-end bearings ? I would be using a rod end such as the 6072K21 from or the POSB4 from IKO bearings...
2
2

Hydraulic test bed
Hi, I am currently trying to assess a hydraulic hose and component test bed. I have 2 questions, I hope someone can help who has experience. When a hydraulic hose under test 1.5xMOP, in this instance...
5
5

Poor design led to I-35W bridge collapse?
This image shows the ground supports of the bridge before the collapse: from: Nation's Bridges Face Immediate Inspection. Fifth Victim Found; President Bush To Visit Minneapolis UPDATED: 9:20 am EDT...
167
167

mech. engg softwares
hi.. everybody.. I am a 3rd year mechanical enggineerng student. i am interested in fluid mechanics and apart from my regular classes... i want to learn some softwares used in industry...and which by...

low speed wind tunnel design aid
hi please help me to find any resources moreover books for design of LOW SPEED OPEN LOOP WIND TUNNEL. thanks in advance
5
5

BME Days
Dear Colleagues, We cordially invite you to submit your paper in the BME days 2007, where the scope of conference will include, but not limited to the following topics: =B7 Clinical Engineering and...

Building a celestial body
Here's an interesting thought problem for you folks. The gravitational acceleration a person experiences is derived from the mass of the body we're relating to, and the distance of the person from...
13
13

New Massachusetts Machine Shop
Why do Engineers prefer to work with us? We're a small group of very skilled, and experienced Machinists. We all have between 25 - 40 years in Precision CNC Machining each. Our recently opened machine...

FEMAP API Get Property From Library
Hi I am writing a program in VBA (excel) to control FEMAP to create geometry, mesh the geometry and run a simple analysis of said structure. I have saved a property in the FEMAP properties library and...

stress and force
i am wondering why stress is used in elasticity instead of more natural approach of using force ( for e.g in Hooke's law). could anybody clarify Regards. WOT
2
2

mech. eng. golfers please respond!
the advent of hybrid golf clubs in the last few years has made me wonder why two completely different club designs (irons vs. woods) existed in the first place. could someone please explain from a...
6
6

Finalists nominated for 2007 Engineering Award
An international jury has selected 30 teams* from 31 countries as finalists in this year's Mondialogo Engineering Award, organized by UNESCO and DaimlerChrysler. project team is made up of groups of...

Test Post
savjsadvsadv

diagnosis of gear box
hai i am rajaram i want to know the cost for vibration measuring set up with display of spectra for gear box. It is for fault diagnosis of gear box

support using friction
I am working on a project that requires vertical suspension of a 35 lb box. The main requirement is that the box has to tilt +/-40, and must stay at the given tilt angle. I have many ideas on doing...