Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Toroidal pressure vessel
I recently analyzed a toroidal pressure vessel of circular cross section (using Ansys) . but strangely from results i get variation of hoop stress along the meridian. can nyone explain this?
12
12

Would this structure collapse or not? (Bridgeport mill base)
I built a mobile base for a Bridgeport mill. (2,200 lbs) It is shown here, along with copious comments (pasted here at the bottom). base will be used for slowly moving the 2,200 lbs mill on concrete...
14
14

ASME / IGTI - Quasiturbine video
Bonjour, Quasiturbine targets efficiency and environment at: IGTI - International Gas Turbine Institute ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineers May 2007 Turbo Expo Conference Quasiturbine...

please find some materials(pdf format) or url for design of structure for ULTRA LIGHT AIRCRAFT
please help
1
1

Free slip contact in Ansys
Im having problem with modeling the interface between two 2 geometries and how to do it on Ansys. My model is a 2D circle surrounded (with no gap) by a 2D ring. The boundary condition is free-slip...

Engineering & NDT Group
Hello, I invite you to become a member of the best group of in engineering field that covers all engineering fields specially Mechanical and Manufacturing. Here you will find E books, Articles,...

$36 All Copper 60 kW Fluidized Bed Radiator
The huge surface area and the high air flow rates through a conventional radiator are necessary because the heat transfer coefficient between the tubing and air is so low. Air-particle fluidization...
3
3

I'm looking for a hiperbolic heat/fluid physical system
I'm looking for a parabolic heat or fluid mechanics system described be a parabolic PDE-with BOTH space and time SECOND derivative. It's aimed for illustration for my theoretical results. Have You any...
1
1

Request for help reducing friction & rolling noise of a cam follower roller.
Hi everyone, I would like to ask if anyone could please help me with the following problem. I have a small conjugate dual-roller rib or blade cam that has an inner and outer cam-follower roller...
12
12

I'm looking for a parabolic heat/fluid physical system
I'm looking for a parabolic heat or fluid mechanics system described be a parabolic PDE-with both space and time second derivative. It's aimed for illustration for my theoretical results. Have You any...
4
4

Looking to Buy or Sell your Used Construction Equipment; ie. excavators, backhoes, dozers, graders, cranes, compactors, dump trucks, heavy trucks, forestry equipment, farming equipment, mining equipment and much more....
GET GLOBAL MARKET VALUE FOR YOUR EQUIPMENT - Providing customers with different ways to market their used heavy equipment and related items. Get global market value when you sell your equipment with...

what is exact chemical composition of diesel oil?
I have find for a long time. But there is no precise data. How can I find it? Please help~masters~
2
2

Free Structural Design Software
Become a partner of , the first web-based CAD application of the world. and receive the software for free.. More info Agentur für E-Recruitung, Onlinemedien und Events

Some Fields May Not Have Been Properly Introduced
Like a lot of mysteries in science, the BN effect was introduced as one type of phenomena when it was really something else. The way a problem is originally presented often determines how long or if...
19
19

Brazil Nut Effect Easily Explained With Fluidization
This is the first real explanation of why larger particles rise to the top when you shake a container filled with different sized particles all of the same density. Actually it's almost trivial. They...
32
32