Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

CAE Engineers in India (Bangalore and Pune & other cities)
Hi, We are looking for CAE Engineers for Product Design group for a MNC in India. Ideal candidates will have 3-14 years of CAE structural experience in automotive or aerospace domain with expertise in...

Blender Bearings
I need a bearing similar to those used in household blenders. The main properties I'm interested in are high RPM (2000+), relatively low friction, the ability to keep the liquid in the blender from...
1
1

precision shaft continued - looking for supplier in uk
Hi, I got a 2m long 12mm stainless steel tube to use for my shaft however it arrived bent almost in half so is hardly going to be any good, despite getting it a lot straiter, so i might as well go for...
8
8

__measure__ sharpness ?
The experience of razor blade makers may be instructive. [I dramatized the story...] Once upon a time, the King announced a competition for razor blades that were to be the sharpest obtainable. The...
1
1

Natural frequemcy and Modal shape of the HUMAN FEMUR using ANSYS PROGRAM ver.10
HELLO MY name is Hani Mechanical engineering my thesis is about to determin the natural frequency and mode shape to the human femur MY calculations was by using ANSYS PROGRAM ver.10 for FEM now with...
2
2

Multiscale methods and statistics: a productive marriage
STATISTICA SINICA Call for submissions on MULTISCALE METHODS AND STATISTICS: A PRODUCTIVE MARRIAGE Following the successful 5th Graybill Conference on "Multiscale Methods and Statistics: A Productive...

DISABLED AND A HEAT PUMP
I was a professor of Mechanical Engineering many years ago. I have been disabled for a long time. I am in the process of building a home, and have come across a problem. I must have the temperature...
2
2

Old engineering cartoon
Hello all, I'll looking for an old cartoon that I saw when I was in school at CU Bolder. It showed what a plane would look like if designed by different types of engineers: Propulsion, Structural,...
8
8

wind tunnel again
thanks for all the hints and tips till now on that i have just wrote a rough proposalwhich u can find at the link below reading the proposal you will find what actually am going to do any...

CONTACT ANALYSIS
HI.....i want to know how to ensure contact between a cylindrical surface and a splined surface (cam)........i want to know hw to do it using ANSYS 9...kindly help me...
1
1

increase the fatigue life
Does anybody know how to apply autofrettage process for thick walled cylinders to increase the fatigue life and load bearing capacity? Any help would be appreciated Tastan
3
3

AXIAL FANS, HONEY COMB, in a wind tunnel
how much does an axial fan of about 50-80" rotor diameter cost in india i searched for the companies in india through google but it yielded no results i want a cheap axial-fan for a wind-tunnel also...
5
5

reducing n-dof vibrating system to 1-dof equivalent
Hi, I have designed a vibration controller which alters the thrust force produced by a wind turbine rotor to control the tower top displacement. This is my dissertation project. I now need to validate...
4
4

Contact analysis
Hi this is charles frm india .....iam doing a contact analysis between cam ring and roller.....in a hydraulic motor.....i have to do a static analysis and a dynamic analysis.....i dont no hw to do...

Idea for a rapid open valve
I am trying to build a small air cannon that can launch a tennis ball with attached fishing line about 200 feet up in the air. Of course I want to make it as inexpensive as I can. It seems the most...
6
6