Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

work vs walking ?
I'm 200 lbs and if I walk up a 10 foot flight of stairs I do 200 ft-lbs of work. How far do I have to walk to do the same amount of work and how is the calculation done? tnx
8
8

HEVs
Could anyone will help me regarding HEVs details .Any one who can tell me good sites for HEVs(Design and specifications).
2
2

Heat Engines: Steam,Gas,Turbines & Their Auxiliaries (1931)
Heat Engines: Steam,Gas,Turbines & Their Auxiliaries (1931) Heat Engines Steam, Gas, Turbines and Their Auxiliaries John R. Allen, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan Joseph A....

Any suggestion for B.E/B.Tech Projects in Mechanical and Automation
Hi everyone, I am new to this group, I am currently pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical & Automation and need to build a project for my final year. Regarding that I need some suggestions. I am personally...
2
2

Transferable ME Skills
I have a BS and MS in Aerospace Engineering. Aerospace and Mechanical engineering degree programs have a fair degree of overlap. The major difference I've noticed is MEs have an introduction to...
6
6

Beware the ides of march!
Offer: Tunner the Stalk. Harden: Website conding of a wine penny the work. Flamming: Bell a joke.

Contact Impulse
Where can i find tutorials Contact Impulse for Visual Nastran? Thank you.

Calculating Steam turbine steam flow
At work we derive the steam flow entering the HP turbine stage of a 500MW steam turbine using the following equation: Steam_flow = 735.7 x( 1st Stage steam pressure ) / Sqrt( 1st Stage steam Temp )...
2
2

force required to penetrate through a metal diaphragm More options
hello i am doing a project for school where we are going to burst or at least add stress concentrations an aluminum diaphragm with a cutting device of some sorts. i'm kind of lost looking for...
5
5

tetra mesh generator
Hi, which is currently the best algorithm/software to generate a tetrahedron mesh? I use HyperMesh and the result is sometimes poor: lot of second order elements with negative or very low jacobian...
3
3

precision shaft engineering
Hi, Im realy an electronics enigineer but my project has a shaft wich is 1 meter long 5mm dia and running at steady speeds upto 10krpm more rpm would be better if i can get it to run smoothly enough....
25
25

Senior Structural Engineer - Colorado
ISYS Technologies is a Services and Solutions company focused on Information Technology and Engineering Services. We've been in business since 1989. Most of our clients are Fortune 1000 companies and...

Some questions about strain gauges
I am trying to figure out a couple questions involving strain gauges. First of all, how is the gauge factor physically determined. Anyone know the process by which a company gets that. I am...
4
4

Airy stress and symmetry
Hi, I am trying to calculate the airy stress function for a cantilever beam with a uniform load acting downward on its upper surface. I am attempting a solution using an Airy function of polynomial...
3
3

Layerwise Theory
Hi Any reference for "Layerwise Theories" other than the book by Reddy? I have some basic questions over its explanation in Reddy. In this book Chaper 12 is about Layerwise theory. And ther, i cant...