Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mechanical drafting for dummies?
This post, I hope, is on-topic; the FAQ web page for this group seems to be non-traditional, but the topic does seem to qualify as "Applying technology toward human needs" (from the FAQ). Please...
2
2

Re: *** WHO OWNS THE COPYRIGHTS OF THE JOURNALS AND EDITED BOOKS ? ***
Another pig headed ignorant yank. There sure is an abundance of them.

Finding Water content in air in kg/kg given relative humidity & temp
Not being from a sciencey background I'm having a problem finding the amount of water vapour in air (in kg/kg) at a certain relative humidity and temperature. The composition of dry air is pretty much...
2
2

Which takes less energy? Pulling a load or carrying it?
Which would require more energy: A vehicle pulling a load behind or carrying the same load on it's own chassis? Would it depend on the terrain? i.e. hard ground versus soft ground? Does anyone know of...
5
5

Control valves for wet steam
Just wanted to know what the prevailing thoughs are on sizing control valves for wet steam. Have steam at 80 psig and 300 degrees. Sat temp for 80 psigis 324. What woukl be a better choice,, sliding...
4
4

PC sound card for vibration analysis?
Anyone using a PC sound card for vibratin analysis? If so which card and what software? tnx
4
4

Search for B1-TM1 Bimetal Sheet...
I am in search of a Bimetal required in a Circuit Braker Switch in which we are confused the exact defination of a bimetal, on which it was printed B1-TM1 Trulex, can you help to locate the same. With...
2
2

Stresscheck software
Does anyone have any experience with this software? We have had some of our analysts express interest in looking into it. 'm a little nervous of easy analysis tools designed for engineers without...

General Cantilever Equations
I am trying to determine some general cantilever equations. I have an aluminum beam extending out 235 mm (L) from an aluminum block. The beam is 25 mm wide (W) and 3 mm thick (H). A force is applied...
6
6

CFP: The 2007 International Conference on Communications in Computing: CIC2007
Dear all. I believe this conference is appropriate for this community, especially for those whose research crosses communications with systems or other computational domains. As Chair, I encourage...

Strain Gauge - Aluminum Beam Deflection Help
I have an aluminum beam securely mounted on one side by a block. The beam is 235 mm long, 3 mm high, and 25 mm wide. The opposite side of the beam is oscillated up and down. The center of a strain...
1
1

Re: for sande: extremely luscious finances - roy niyhu - (1/1)

ãÔÌÚÇÊ ÎáíÌí 18 åá íãËáä ÇáãÑÃÉ ÇáÓÚæÏíÉ ¿¿ ((ÕæÑ))
1ebRySDH4dHT5uEg1eHsIMfh4eUg2uHt5SDm0+HjIC4uINPIzcfkIMfhzsfh3iAuLgoKCmh0dHA6 Ly93d3cuaGFtbXNzLmNvbS92Yi9zaG93dGhyZWFkLnBocD9nb3RvPW5ld3Bvc3QmdD0xMzcxOQoK...

CO2 Concentration Measurement.
I saw a request for help with differential peak sensing CO2 concentration equipment. I put this short response together, but I can't find the original relay of the request from some other group... so...
1
1

Conservation of Energy Question with Internal Combustion Engine -> linear tran rpm vs. exponential aerodynamic load
With a manual transmission vehicle, how does the car through one gear as the RPM increases linearly, an hence consumes fuel linearly while the load on the vehicle increases exponentially due to the...
7
7