Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

what are the English name of these materials?
Thanks for your time. Would you please help to tell me what these materials are? one: a material could stand high-temperature, maybe it will become warm when heating, but it could not distortion and...
3
3

What is a shroud on a impeller
Hi! I am a green hand on mechanical. Could anyone tell me what is a shroud on a impeller? Thank you very much.

Fire Barrier Materials, Flame Retardants, Halogen free Flame Retardants in electronics
conference invitation: Berlin 6.March.2007, London New York 9.March.2007 Fire Protection Materials Business Briefing Conference 2007 Fire Barrier Materials, Flame Retardants, Halogen free Flame...

view factor to sky: how to calculate?
Hi all, I am wondering how I can calculate the view factor for some easy applications. In this case, I am trying to calculate view factors between surfaces on earth and the sky. In the literature I...
4
4

Crack Stress Concentration Factor
I am looking for a source that would give me typical stress concentration factors at a crack's tip. Does anybody have that sort of information, or know of a good web site to get that information from?...
5
5

60 microns groove
Hi Dear colleagues, I need to manufacture in acrilic or other material 39 grooves of 10 mm of lenght, 90 microns width, 60 microns depth and separated 90 microns one of each other. I need only 5 unit...
3
3

sizing DC motor
Hi, I am trying to size a DC motor and need some assistance as to how to do this. The mechanism I am designing will be a 'drop test rig' for a product of ours (stress analysis & destructive test)....
2
2

its me
Hi , Im samoel

Hydraulic advice needed
I'm contemplating a project that requires power to be transmitted from a 4 or 5 HP gasoline engine, a distance of roughly 5 Ft. Mechanical transmission would be difficult. I was thinking of using a...
4
4

Compressive yield strength of 4140 versus A2 tool steel hardened to RC 55-60
Hi everyone, Does anyone have any data on the compressive yield strength of 4140 & A2 tool steel hardened to both 55 & 60 RC ? Perhaps there is a chart out there but I have not been able to find...
7
7

Any could link for Steel-Phases ?
Hello friends, anyone familiriar with any good data base with pictures of steel phases via optic microscopic view (Ferrite,Benite,Martensite,Perlite, Ledemvourite etc) terribly sorry about my english....

Re: The recoil of a hose when the tap is suddenly opened
Now reverse the process: the hose is under water, plugged, air filled. The plug is removed, and the air is evacuated from the other end. The water rushes in... does the hose 'recoil'? -- Rich
18
18

Question about crushers.. Need help..
Hello! I'm a student from Silesian University of Technology in Gliwice, Poland. Already I'm going to prepare some presentation, which will be about mining machines (used in coal minings). I'm looking...

Need help calculating (Estimating?) the heat transfer coefficient or r-value based on differences in temperature
Hello, I've bought an infrared thermometer to help find areas in my house that are letting too much heat through. I was wondering if it would be possible to estimate the heat transfer coefficient for...
7
7

Questions regarding experiences with loctite & using 680 or 630 series retaining compounds as thread-lockers
Hi everyone, Is there anyone in the forum that has used any of the 600 series loctite "retaining compounds" as thread-lockers ? I have tested some loctite # 262 & #2760 thead-locker on a #10-24 screw...
18
18