Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

area of specialty
please, i want to know areas of mechanical that is needed in oil industries that can be studied in postgraduate programs.
3
3

Relations between tensile strength ,shear stress and bending stress
i m working on a hydraulic project . i need the correlation beytween the three stress i have mentioned in this chapter
6
6

Automotive Brake Line Repair
I've encountered several splice repairs made with a Dorman brand compression fitting on automotive steel brake line. I was trained this was not an acceptable or legal method of repair. I've found the...
3
3

Need an advice pneumatics
Hello. I need to implement the following functionality: A small volume tank 0.2 L slowly fills by leak from high-pressure source when the pressure in the tank reaches krack treshold of 2-3 ATA, a...
3
3

Needs an advice pneumatics
Hello. I need to implement the following functionality: A small volume tank 0.2 L slowly fills by leak from high-pressure source when the pressure in the tank reaches krack treshold of 2-3 ATA, a...
1
1

Steam Piping
What is the best way, or what is the standard for sealing threads on 100psi steam piping lines. Right now we have been using teflon tape and dope and have never had leaks. Our new manager stopped...
2
2

how technical is Einstein's book on relativity?
Looking for opinions from anyone who has read The Meaning of Relativity. I collect books in fine bindings for my home library and found a very nice copy of The Meaning of Relativity on eBay below, but...
1
1

Three "Ethnic Group" Drunks Joke
This showed up on It has something to say about engineers. I left it as Norwegian - it could be Polish, Irish, or any flavor of the day, naturally. Brian Whatcott Altus OK...
2
2

Enterprise Dynamics software - need help
Hi! I need to prepare some simulation in 'Enterprise Dynamics' programme. I have almost done everything, but I need some help with few problems. Is anybody here who knows that software and can help...

Tempering colors
Hi, I have a question about tempering colors. I understand that the colors give a visual indication of how far the temper has been drawn, but why do those colors occur? Does it have something to do...
1
1

Questions regarding adjustment screw method & pushnuts from Mcmaster Carr
Hi Everyone, I would like to ask if anyone could please offer some advise with the following situation & questions. Has anyone ever used the type of pushnuts sold by as part number 94800A710 ? Do they...
1
1

Question about selection of spring.
I am working over a device in which spring is key part. This spring is supposed lift about 70 kg load at 5-10 centimeters above ground. I am thinking about using shock absorbers used in motorbikes. I...
6
6

moments of area/inertia
Hello, I am working on my aerospace engineering dissertation for active damping of wind turbine vibration. The problem I have here is to do with strucures/mechanics. I am trying to find the centroid...
4
4

Wind Tunnel Operator position - Middlesex, UK
Job Title: Wind Tunnel Operators Key skills: Wind Tunnel, Flow Measurement Location: Middlesex Duration: Permanent My client is looking for wind tunnel operators who have experience in flow...

Pressure tube modeling
Hi all, I have little knowledge about computational fluid dynamics. I am trying to model a straight tube, for which a fan is attached to one of the tube and the other end is open. Now my task is to...
2
2