Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Question: Stirling Engines
If the heating mechanism for a stirling engine is replaced with compressed air, does the efficiency decrease that it is below the conventional internal combustion engine?
11
11

need information about Autofrettage system
Hello everybody, I want to manufacture a cylinder for my ultra high presure pump (waterjet pump) but i do not know enough information about how to manufacture it. The cylinder size is below Inner...
10
10

system error code 149 was got when abaqus package.exe!
hello: when I run the abaqus model, a system error was got as shown below: ABAQUS Error: The executable D:ABAQUS.5-1execpackage.exe aborted with system error "An attempt was made to join or...
1
1

anomalous "memory" effects?
symmetric harnessed gyroscope accelerated to a given spinning frequency takes different time periods to stop, depending on the direction of previous spins. For repeated alternating, anticlockwise and...
3
3

Proto-typing or Production, top quality product, at small shop pricing.
"We can help you with your manufacturing needs" We here at "Smart Manufacturing" have been providing manufacturing services over 35 years now. Coast to coast... Mechanical Engineers, Commercial...

FEM/FEA Virtual Community for the Simulation and the Numerical Modeling ->
Hello, I signal you the Italian Group of discussion and research of Finite Element Method FEM and Computational Fluid Dynamics CFD for applications of civil and industrial engineering and problems...

looking for suggestions for a pan tilt mechanism
As of now I am at a loss as of any design to do this that isn't too difficult to build to make it worth the bother. I want a pan tilt mechanism, to pan and tile a small bullet camera on top of a radio...
5
5

Nanocar....nanotechnology in car industries
Nanocar....nanotechnology in car industries pls see more Helmut Kaiser Consultancy specializes in consulting of technology market, 21. century trends. and future of science, like neurology, brain,...

difference between aluminum and brass tubing
Hi, I was just curious as to the differences between aluminum and brass tubings (3/16" diameter). Aluminum is cheaper, any advantages to brass? thanks
6
6

Increase efficiency of rotating shaft.
Dear Sir, I am mechanical engineering student . I described one mechanical engineering situation that is very useful in any kind of mechanical and energy consumed industries. It it is not even in any...
2
2

select automotive air-air heat exchanger for alternate energy project?
I wish to use an air-to-air heat exchanger in an alternate-energy project at my home. I am lead to beleive that the cheapest way to procure one is to buy one that is sold as part of a turbo-charged...
1
1

CNC Machining Center... entry level & cheap
Time is for change... My cam operating bar turning machine is putting me in bad light. As a OE supplier I need to own CNC Machining/Turning Centers. What should I do... I can spend Rs.1,000,000/-...
2
2

Water flow rates?
A friend of mine has a son who is being sued because of his leaky toilet in his apartment. It is a commercial toilet with no tank. They said it was running and he never told management to fix it. They...
3
3

looking for some mechanical project
Hi friends , I am a new member of this group and looking for a good mechanical project which I have to submit in college. I am final year student of mechanicl engineering in India. Please send me some...
5
5

Robotic arm
I'm starting my due diligence to locate manufacturers of small robotic arms. Does anybody have suggestions to satisfy the following. Bolt on (ie next to turnkey) installation For use on smaller...
2
2