Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Windchill Solutions
Special Pricing on Data Management Solutions Windchill Solutions On Average, how many hours does it take for your employees to search and find documents? How often you wish that your company had a...
3
3

tangent stiffness matrix derivation
can anyone plz explain the general algorithm to derive a tangent stiffness matirx. thanks prashanth
1
1

Physicists seek to put one thing in two places
Researchers say they've made an ob=ADject move just by watch=ADing it, which is in=ADspir=ADing them to a still bold=ADer proj=ADect.

I need help selecting componets for a water misting test fixture!
I need suggestions on specific hardware for a water misiting device I will be building to simulate lite rainfall on a flat 12"X12" concrete block. The distance from the concrete block to the spray...
5
5

urgent openings for Designing, Stress Engineers
Dear Friends We have excellent openings with our Client. Company: Linde Technologies Location: Baroda Experience: 5-8 yrs Qualification: B.E (Mechanical/Chemical/Civil) Following are the requirements:...

Please participate in an energy & environmental poll survey
Dear Sir/Madam: We are researchers from Shih Hsin University and are launching a new survey, this is non-profit academic research. In this survey, we would like to know your opinions about the topics...
2
2

Adjustable Wrench question
I hope you all know what an adjustable wrench looks like. For a 50% engagement between teeth on the handle jaw and teeth on the setting screw, what are considered 'good designs' even though there may...
3
3

Chemical Management Services, shifting the chemical industry from supply based to service based sales
I have come across this organization in my career, and thought others in this group might be interested too. They are doing a lot of great work. CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT 10th Annual Chemical Management...

MotorSolve Sneak Peak at EME 2006
MotorSolve ( the forthcoming electric motor design software from Infolytica Corporation, will make it's first appearance at a special sneak peak demo to be held during the Electrical Manufacturing...

Conference on Hydrocarbon safety-PETROSAFE 2007 at Kochi, Kerala, India.
A three day conference on Hydrocarbon safety will be held at Kochi, Kerala, India from 23-25 of April' conference is Organized by National safety Council-Kerala Chapter in technical collaboration with...

Planetary Gear, high torque, low output speed System
An honest application: Needed torque at output: 2500 (give or take a little - ok) Output speed: 4 rpm (give or take a little - ok) Reversable Self-locking Duty-cycle: a few times a day running one-two...
6
6

Hundreds of scientists, academics - 'WTC packed with explosives, blown to smithereens'
Watch 9/11 revisted: 9/11 Evidence to the Contrary:

test to sci ng

Stiffness of tubular material.
Greetings. Is a tubular section stiffer (resistance to flex) than the same diameter solid round? Is there an optimum ratio of wall thickness to diameter for maximum stiffness? If there is, does the...
5
5

Dampeners
Somewhat like the huge mass that sits on top of the Citicorp bldg to help it counter sway, I am looking for two dampeners. 1. Counter the sway of a mass hanging at the end of two ropes. There will be...
8
8