Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Polynomial Control Systems for Mathematica Now Available
The new Polynomial Control Systems (PCS) from Wolfram Research expands the functionality of Control System Professional Suite (CSPS), a framework of tightly integrated Mathematica application packages...

anomalous spinning
symmetric harnessed gyroscope accelerated to a given spinning frequency takes different time periods to stop, depending on the direction of previous spins. For repeated alternating, anticlockwise and...
2
2

Build & Design Engineer with Operations experience
Seeking candidate for company local to Pittsburgh. BSME required, MBA or MS preferred. Machine tool background. Lean manufacturing/Six Sigma proficiency. Management position with strong...

Structural Analysis Engineers Needed
Hello - I need help finding structural analysis engineers. I have a hiring session coming up in Detroit in August and I have a huge corporation that is looking to hire between 15-30 structural...
1
1

fiber angle and bending stiffness
Hi Would anyone have advice on how the bending stiffness of a fiber-matrix composite depends on the angle of the fibers? Should be a pretty basic problem, but I could only find information for the...
4
4

Interesting Javascript Engineering Calculators
You can find them here: say they'll add more calculators.......We'll see.

Crankless Air Engine: Cams Allow for Any Piston Movement
The kinematics of a crank mechanism is generally arbitrary relative to the thermodynamics and heat transfer considerations of an air engine. Instead of hoping for the right linkage, wouldn't it be...
18
18

nanomaterial safety, cleaning and risks
Hi, we have sorted some SigmaAldrich nanoparticles - many types based on Si, C, Zr, etc. I wonder if anyone can advise on safety, cleaning (carpets, room) and protection from nanoparticles,...

mechanical engineering opportunity
Hi, I'm helping an LA, CA MEMs fabrication plant find these 2 professionals. The base income will be in the $100K range + bonuses, etc. If you're interested/qualified in this please get in touch with...

Good books for imbalance of rotation motion
Dear All: I need your kind instruction for which books are suitable for the investigation of imbalance of rotation motion. Recently, I had trouble with finding the relationship between imbalance &...
1
1

RF Welding equipment from Europe (27.12MHz)
We offer a full range of HF welders / RF welders and HF/RF Generators and hydraulic presses. _______ _______________ Available HF/RF Welder Machines: :: HF/RF Welders with continuous weld and movable...

Cosmosworks Designer + rivet connectors . Help!
I'm just starting to use "Cosmosworks Designer and I'm having a problem. When selecting connectors the only options available appear to be bolts. How can I do an analysis with riveted joints. The...
2
2

Seeking retired individual
Seeking retired individual for interim placement in aerospace industry with strong Six Sigma, Supply Chain Systems and communication skills. Please forward materials to the coordinates below. Thanks....
2
2

GeneXproTools 4.0 - GEP modeling tools for Math and Boolean problems
I'm proud to announce that Gepsoft is releasing today GeneXproTools 4.0, a new version of the easy and powerful predictive analytics tool APS 3.0. GeneXproTools is a data analysis tool that creates...

"Closed" Cycle Internal Reaction Engines
Instead of using an equilibrium reaction like 3H2 + N2 2 NH3 to heat a boiler maybe there are fast reacting chemicals you could feed to the intake of what would otherwise be an internal combustion...
45
45