Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

RF Welders from Europe (High Frequency Generators)
We offer a full range of HF/RF welders and HF/RF Generators and presses. ____________ _______________ Available HF/RF Welder Machines: :: HF/RF Welders with continuous weld and movable head :: HF/RF...

Re: OT: Adobe .pdf grafix
When you get the real answer, come back and tell us! It seems to me writing or printing to a postcript file should work. I just tried this with one of my Acrobat files, created from a Word document...
3
3

Re: Adobe .pdf grafix
Dear Rich Grise: You can save it as postscript if you have Acrobat (not Reader). Perhaps there is some way to convert this back into vector graphics. As long as you are clear to "those who asked" that...

Fuzzy Inference System (FIS) Based Decision-Making Algorithms for CMM Measurement in Quality Control
FULL ARTICLE HERE The sampling strategy for CMM inspection processes is a property of the operator while the accuracy level is a property of the machine itself. The advancements in hardware technology...

Small Inflatable Air Bags
Does anyone know of a company that makes small (approximately 1" by 1" by 2") inflatable air bags? I am looking for a company that can make an array of relatively small air bags to be used in...
6
6

Drilling Hole 1" deep in Copper
i am posting to ask for advice on hole size in a block of machined copper. i don't have my text books with me. i don't remember alloys of copper. for machining. 1" thick stock fly-cut both sides down...
3
3

Ideas for smart SCR trigger board
I have built my first prototype of a PIC-based SCR controller board, and I have started preliminary assembly coding and testing. Most of the functions are fairly simple, but I would appreciate...
1
1

Rankine cycle engines
Hello, Does anyone know where I can get very rough capital cost estimates for: 250 kW 1 MW 10 MW 50 MW 100 MW steam and organic (non-steam) Rankine cycle engines? Thanks, Michael
4
4

Home-built CO2 laser-cutter Free Report
Hi all, I've just made some changes to The Blake Laser website. For those that haven't seen it before, it's a home-built computer controlled, CO2 laser cutter. I'm now offering a free report (version...

FE-Sizer Release 3.30 Latest Version
FE-Sizer now performs flashing and cavitation checks on liquid flows! Do you perform, maintain, or review/check orifice calculations for your production plant's orifice flow meters or for process...

CO2 Free 6 Stroke Crower Cycle
In the 6 stroke Crower cycle water is injected for another power stroke and to cool the engine but CO2 + steam causes an acid build up problem if the exhaust steam is condensed and recycled. In...

circumferential strain
Dear All, I require to calculate the circumferential strain of cylinder. consider a hollow cylinder as active element. a1 = inner radii b1 = outer radii E = Young's modulus v = Poisson ratio ec =...
3
3

Educational site
For educational articles please vist engineering articles are placed in reports are placed in this place .More Reports from students are invited (if they intend to publish it ) Please send your...

StereoLithography in Silicon Valley / SF bay Area, Simple part, 5 x 5 x .25
Hi I have a simple part that I would like to get made out of acrylic using stereolithography. Can anybody recommend a SL house in the Bay Area that will do a small job like this for a small price ?...

CFR Engine
Is there anyway I could get the valve timing diagram for a standard CFR engine running on gasoline? Will these valve timing values change if a different fuel is used?