Best Rated threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Airy stress and symmetry
Hi, I am trying to calculate the airy stress function for a cantilever beam with a uniform load acting downward on its upper surface. I am attempting a solution using an Airy function of polynomial...
3
3

Dayton Gear Motor 5K942 vs 5K942D -- Same?
I burned out a Dayton 5K942D and ordered a replacement, clearly specifying the D at the end of the model #. Instead I received a 5K942. I can easily see there's a difference in the wire connections....
1
1

Car tuning - drag coefficient
Hello everyone, - does anyone know if by modifying your car ( adding fibre glass body kits ) this will affect the drag coefficient of your car thus consuming more fuel? thanks Irshaad
2
2

Problems with pick-and-place equipment
Would like to know if anyone has experienced doing mech engineering/maintenance work with pick-and-place equipment in a mass-production environment... What are the typical day-to-day activities, and...
1
1

Auction: CSI 2130 Vibration Analyzer
Here is a top-of-the-line, state-of-the-art vibration analyzer on eBay: a few months old and still in mint condition: CSI (Computational Systems Inc. / Emerson) "RBM Consultant Pro" Dual Channel...