Face-to-face dimensions for Flanged globe-style control valves - ansi 2500# class

Hi everyone,

I am sizing a control valve for a BFW application and its ANSI class came up 2500#. My control valve sizing handbook does not present me with the standard face-to-face dimensions for 2'' NPS valves with 2500# class.

Does anyone know the standard value for this?

Cheers!

Reply to
Donato Azevedo

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc

Considering this is a standardized value, I found on a Fisher catalog the Face-to-Face dimensions for an 2 NPS ANSI CL2500RTJ as 394 mm (15.50 in). For a RF it is 391 mm (15.38 in);

I was told by one of the senior consultants that globe valve sizes are strongly standardized amongst major manufacturers (that follow the

75.16 std).

Cheers,

-- Donato Azevedo

Reply to
Donato Azevedo

Dear Donato Azevedo:

On Sep 16, 6:20=A0am, Donato Azevedo wrote: ...

Yes, they are, since these dims are required for the advertised performance. Which is why they are published in literature. What surprises me, is that it was that difficult to find said dimensions in offered products...

I hope you got compliant dimensions, and not some single manufacturer's version of it.

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc

I called a local representative for Hiter control valves and confirmed the values I found on the masoneilan catalog.

However, I will propose to my manager purchasing the standards. After all, it is the de facto source for reference.

Cheers!

-- Donato Azevedo Control BEng.

Reply to
Donato Azevedo