Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Is this OK - Using a tet global model to drive a hex submodel
I have used a global tet mesh to derive cut boundary displacements to drive a hex submodel. The model is a turbine blade, subject to uniform temperature, an angular velocity and restrained at it's...

Re: Simple Q about strain!
In the Civil Eng world, the convention is opposite: +strain = compression -strain = tension Lance A displaced ME working in a CE Lab.
3
3

Questions about Pressure Change in An Aircraft
Hello, Everyone: I have a few questions about pressure change in a passenger aircraft. 1) I suppose the pressure inside the plane is being lowered as the plane takes off and climbs toward its...
4
4

new trends in airconditioning systems
hello all, i'm actually doing a little reasearch on new trends on airconditioning - chilled water network and energy management. so far i've met with free cooling techniques and thermal energy...

[Q] FE-implementation of Kirchhoff free-edge condition for plates
Hello, We are writing a finite element code for the Classical Laminated Plate Theory, that is the extension of the classical plate theory for laminated orthotropic plates. The assumed displacement...

Doubt about chain wheel.
Hello, Can anyone answer me where I can find informations about chain wheels? I'm looking for it but all I find are manufacturers and I need to understand how it works. Thanks in advance, Luiz.
1
1

Re: relationship between modal shape and forced harmonic response
It's most likely several modes were exicted not just one. Is the forcing frequency approximately the same as the mode you looked at.
4
4

life expectancy with thrust load on radial bearing
My question is about life expectancy on following linear slide setup: Two parallel 5/16 rods and a slide that uses a pair of small plain ball bearings(5mmx12mmx5mm) on the same axel with the spacer...
5
5

williams and james (engineers) ltd
hello there, does anyone know if the company "williams and james (engineers) ltd" still exist in the UK, or if they have changed their company name ? they are makers of air compressors and related...
1
1

modal shape and forced response, pls. help
hi, all, I have a question about the modal shape and the forced response of a structure. Let say once you have done modal analysis of a linear structure, for certain mode N, you will know the relative...

Beta Test Rectangular Flange Design Program
My associates and I have been developing a rectangular flange design program for the past 2 years and are about ready to market it. The program was developed based on a "loose ring" type flange as...

Volunteer opportunities abroad
I'm a registered ME in CA and would like references for volunteer opportunities abroad for ME's. In particular, i've been designing processes in the water side of water/wastewater for about 4.5 years....
1
1

autocad question
is it possible to translate Microsoft Excel data (e.g. I have 2 columns of data x & y) into Autocad graphical format? I have 400 points therefore I cannot input them one by one manually.
2
2

Is chrome-steel BB rust-resistant?
Is chrome-steel rust-resistant? I have some ball bearings made from chrome-steel working in humid environment. I wonder if they need more care than stainless BB. Thanks, Alex
7
7

Re: simple electrical question
Your clamp on meter is reading the net current in your cable bundle. I would hope that all the current going "out" your line is returning via your neutral. ;-) Using a clamp on meter on the individual...
3
3