Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

farington uni
hey guys check this out, while surfing the net, i came across this website . this 'university' claims itself to be a 'university' and propose to give out bachelor/master/doctorate degrees ............
11
11

how to find a leak in a car
My car leaves 13 drops of liquid on the floor separeated around a meter when I enter it in the garage. They do not stain, nor smell and evaporate in few minutes, so they must be refrigerant. Besides,...
2
2

HEAT TREATMENT OF TRAIN WHEEL
i need information about railroad wheels manufacturing process and their heat treatment cycle. also i need information about casting process of railroad wheels . is there anyone who can help me?...
1
1

which embroidery machine?
I want to make embroidery on diffrent types of fabric. Which embroidery machine is the best for small quantities? Money is not problem :) What shoud I know, which technical detail I have to check?...

European manufacturers of jars for fast mills
Hi everybody I´m looking for european makers of jars for fast mills, can anybody help me? The mills are centrifugal but eccentric, not rotary under rollers. Thanks in advance, Michael Please contact...

alloy tube bending
I need to bend 6061 t6 alloy and have fabricated a bender. The tube flattens on the outside behind the roller or section bar as I have used both methods, the section bar is by far the best. Any ideas....
4
4

Setting the Bead On Tubeless Tires
I had a small (5.70 - 8) trailer tire sitting out back for 6 months and it eventually went flat and separated from the rim. Even removing the valve and blasting air in the valve stem wasn't enough to...
3
3

simple autocad question
hello all, i'm just wondering if there's a command in autocad which can be used to break a line in equal parts. for ex I have a line of 20 mm . li want to divide it into 4 equal parts, whan i use the...
1
1

ANSYS - problems with convergence
How to tune the solver properly? i'am bending a 9meter long pipe which is fixed on the one of the ends iam using a displacment boundary condition i want to make a displacment of the end would be like...
1
1

Re: Where are timing belt profiles AT, ATP etc. specified?
Try these. Many mfgr. use the same profiles, and their items are interchangeable, but they use different designations for them. Dan Anleitungen zum Digitalisieren von Schallplatten, fuer den Umstieg...

Anyone know where to find FElt (FEA) compiled binaries?
Sourceforce has the source code ( but I couldn't find the felt executable in this download or on their website. The .src download seems to contain all C++ source code but I don't know how to compile...

Trike (recumbent)
Hi Folks, I'm planning to build a recumbent three wheel pedal cycle. It will be a tadpole (two wheels at the front and one at the back). Now because one usually rides these things feet first :) and...
17
17

ball bearings with the U groove in outer ring
Do you know if anyone manufactures ball bearings with the V or U groove in the center of outer ring, so it can roll on the round rod? Thanks, Alex
7
7

ball bearing off-center load question
I am trying to design a very cheap linear system. It's for a manually driven 13" long household device. It consists of two parallel 5/16 rods and a slide with preloaded rollers. For rollers I use...
1
1

Nylon ballbearing problem
I am building a linear movement system The slide rides on two stainless shafts on rollers with nylon ballbearings. Without tightening the preload bolts it runs very smooth. But as soon as I tighten it...
18
18