Latest threads in Metallurgy discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

welding 5086 aluminum alloy
Hello, Can anybody help in finding suitable refernce material to understand welding of 5086 alumnum alloy. We are facing a problem - unable to qualify the welding procedure. The test coupon does not...
2
2

Corrosion
What is the difference between a redox reaction and corrosion.
3
3

Indalloy 162
I have to solder very thin wires to a heatsensitive UV-LED which only has two small sivered 1 mm square electrodes. Normal Pb/Sn solder can't be used because of a to high meltingpoint. Maybe I can use...
3
3

Leitz Miniload microhardness tester instructions/manual
I need a copy of the instructions or a manual for a Leitz Miniload microhardness tester. If anyone in the group has a copy they would let me make a copy of, or knows a source for a copy, please let me...

Gold and Indium
Has anyone had any experience alloying with Indium? I was thinking of trying to alloy it with gold to try and make a blue gold but no idea what ratio to even try. Thanks, Suz
2
2

crane hook
Any one pleae tell me how to design the crane hook? what fos should be taken for it? sushil
1
1

Need help picking a steel to use.
I am looking for a recommendation for a material for an application below. The application involving two shafts. One shaft is about 35mm in diameter x 330mm long. It has a 14mm bore in one end with a...
5
5

VCR HEAD Glued?
Are the little protruding "tape readers" on the edges of the DAT/VCR HEAD Glued on or Soldered on Etc.????? Since I think manual cleaning of DAT/VCR Heads are the cleanest and most efficient, they...
1
1

Solubility and Diffusion of hydrogen in Zinc
Hello, I am looking for data on solubility and diffusion of hydrogen in Zinc .. ?? Regards Chethan

Cast Metals Handbooks - 1940 Edition - American Foundrymen's Association
Cast Metals Handbooks - 1940 Edition Published by the American Foundrymen's Association Additional information and photos of the item are available on the auction page. Click this link to bid on this...

cyclic behavior
During a cyclic angle (shear strain) controlled experiment. A net increase in axial strain is observed. The increase in axial strain is consistent with the number of cycles. I ran the experiment for...
1
1

Are springs & key rings all made of mild steel ( i.e. can rust ) ?
I cannot find a key ring ( binding keys together ) which cannot rust. Can I find a spring or key ring which cannot rust ?
6
6

Secondary Refining Seminar
I'm trying to find a seminar dealing with ladle metallurgy and vacuum degassing. If anyone knows of an upcoming seminar, please let me know. Thanks Happy steelmaking (sometimes that's an oxymoron)...
1
1

How to make indium-bismuth alloy?
From the specs od Indalloy 162: 33.7% Bismuth, 66.3% Indium, Melts at 72.3°C. I have 9999 indium wire and 1 ounce 9999 bismuth ingots and a balance scale to get the proportions right. I have a solder...
5
5

Re: new periodic wares on Wikipedia
Seconded ! Metals close to the border between metals and nonmetals - Wikipedia Periodic table - Wikipedia Valence (chemistry) - Wikipedia Valence - Wikipedia
1
1