Latest threads in Metallurgy discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

General Air Purification System, selling
GENERAL Air and Smoke Purification System, selling I don't speak italian http://www.spalic.com

buying plastic injection molding machine
dear sir i am looking for a new plastic injection molding machine .some company proposed me new machine with Automatic Multiple Cylinders Injection Molding Machine Series instead of Toggle type. I...
1
1

brittle fracture of copper alloys
Can anyone lead me to a good reference book covering the brittle fracture of copper and copper alloys (i.e. everything from SCC to H2 embrittlement to other forms of embrittlement). Something with...
1
1

Cast iron and lead.
I would like to know if the cast iron can contains also some lead. Many thanks for the answers.
2
2

Search for wok placement
I am student in France and I need to find a work placement. I've got my BS in mechanical engineering, and I am working for my M S (Master) in Mechanic. But to be graduate I've to do a work pacement...
1
1

wheel web thickness
Hi, We have to install new steel wheels on a crane. The rust removed approximately 12 % punctually on the web of a wheel. We look for a standard which could give us indications on what we can have as...

Ingot Molds High Temperature ASTM A 319
Dear All, Since longtime I am looking for, to find out a solution for a mold in order to use as a permanent mold for casting high temperature alloys 1450-1550 °C. Therefore I am thinking to use...
2
2

Software for Simulation of Controlled Rolling of Microalloyed Steels
Hi! Does someone know about software packages for the simulation of controlled rolling of microalloyed steels for flat products as plates for pipes and structures? I've done a Google search, but got...
1
1

Microsegregation question
Hi, I have a question about the chemical analysis of an alloyed metal, one that had such elements as copper, antimony and arsenic added as hardening agents. My understanding is that if one examines...
7
7

Shape/Profile Drawing
Hello, We are manufacturers drawn bars. Currently we draw: Round , Hex and Square shapes. I needed some information about drawing other shapes/profiles that are specific to various customers. Apart...
1
1

PLASMA QUEST TECHNOLOGY
I find this technology interesting and I wanted to share this information with you: The Plasma Quest Ltd patented technology is a major evolution from the traditional magnetron technology widely used...

Phase diagram of Inconel 625
Hi Can somene lead me to phase diagram of Ni-based superalloy Inconel 625. Nauman
1
1

Who knows how to add Si into Mg melt?
I've prepared it by using the method that mentioned in some articles.Directly add Si powder or Si piece into the Mg melt of above 800 centigrade. But I Si was not resolved and deposited at the bottom...
2
2

Copper tungsten cleaning
Hi, I am involved in plasma arc welding of PTFE coated stainless steel guidewires, .035" diameter. My problem is in cleaning the fixturing(copper tungsten), a dark material builds up on the clamp I...
1
1

ATC Ceramic
Anybody having experience with ceramic coating for tools? I am looking for some information about ATC Ceramic (Al2O3-TiC-Cobalt) coating to tools. Some other suggestion for wear resistant Ceramic...