Latest threads in Metallurgy discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

spraying silicate slurry?
LS, can you please help me? I am looking for an artisan or a foundry that uses the ceramic shell technique and does so with spraying of the slurry on the pattern. (So I mean slurry spraying.) This is...

SURSULF & ARCOR
Can any body tell me about SURSULF & ARCOR PROCESS details.
1
1

thermit and aluminothermic for ferrotitanium
can anybody helpme to find out the mixture proportion for getting ferrotitanium from rutile/ilmenite ? what would be the material for crucible for the aluminothermic reaction for the process? can we...

7075 aluminum issues
I'm making small parts with M4 (close to 8-32) threaded male ends. The metal ends are occasionally snapping off, usually near the shoulder. Can suggest a way of increasing the strength of the part?...
7
7

Mixing fine silver with Mineral Oxides
Group, I need the help of a chemist. I am a jeweler and work making my own alloys every week. What I am working on now is attampting to mix pure silver or Gold (AU) with any form of a mineral oxide....
4
4

Material selection question for with molten Mg
Hello and thank you for reading. I'm looking for advice or experiences in selecting crucible material for molten magnesium. The crucible should be metalic and the current candidate material is...
5
5

CuO adhesion.
Good morning. Any one can tell me what is the adhesion force or shear strenght of CuO to metal Cu? Thank you and my best regards, Vitor.

GeneXproTools 4.0 - GEP modeling tools for Math and Boolean problems
I'm proud to announce that Gepsoft is releasing today GeneXproTools 4.0, a new version of the easy and powerful predictive analytics tool APS 3.0. GeneXproTools is a data analysis tool that creates...

metallurgist in NY area?
I am looking for a metallurgist to spend about a week at my factory or so trying to do some failure analysis. We are a manufacturer on Long Island, and have recently run into some problems with some...
3
3

Frozen metal spicules?
I am involved in the design and test of low-pressure, mercury vapor lamps for the air and water purification industry. Many lamps contain an indium/mercury amalgam to extend the high-temperature...
10
10

AMS6455 redux
YARGGGG!!! further complicating my search is that this stuff has to be paper thin at 0.010 to 0.020 thick. i say paper thin because this is used in sizes generally no thinner than 0.040 or so....

metallurgist opening in KY
contact me for details

Washing out oxides
I need to clean a sample of Steel tested at 700=B0C at for 6-7 days and in turn formed a layer of oxides around it. How can I remove this oxide layer? kindly advice, BG
3
3

metallurgy/steelmaking introduction resources
Hello, Everyone: My name is Catherine Chen. I am very new in the industry of metallurgy. I come here to seek help with metallurgy/steelmaking introduction resources especially audio resources. I...
6
6

Galvanic corrosion. What is the chemical compound of Aluminum/Stainless steel corrosion? Ph?