Latest threads in Metallurgy discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Restoration of obliterated hallmarks
I am a librarian for a science institute that handles much of the forensic science for the New Zealand Police. One of our forensic scientists has requested that I find out details on the recovery of...

AMS6455 help
Folks, I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a specific alloy, whether its a sheet or a one inch wide slitted roll of any length... I'd appreciate any help finding, then buying 100, 250 pounds of...

What etching for ASTM A565 stainless steel?
Hello. I'm looking for an etching that will well show the grain size without revealing the martensitic needles. The stainless steel is Z12CNDV12 or 1.4939 or UNS K64152 or ASTM A565. Thanks for your...
13
13

heavy metal?
Uuh wrong site scotmeupbeamiieeeeee

ternary phase diagrams
hi all i need online and or pdf document about phase diagrams and also intorduction to ternary phase diagrams lectures. could anyone help me please. regards. guven
2
2

What about plasma hardened razor blades?
I remember back as a student in the 1980's I managed to plasma harden some steel with RF and some low pressure hydrogen and another couple of gases (with others.) I am wondering why I can't buy plasma...
13
13

Two Platinum Electrodes having Potential Difference
I use Potentiodynamic polarisation scan using Saturated Calomel as Reference and Platinum electrode as Counter electrode. Platinum Electrode is a 1cm by 1cm flag type. A few months ago, I started...

Diffusion coefficient of Nb and Mo in Inconel 625 (or Ni, Ni-Cr)
I have laser treated Inconel 625 wrought alloy. As a result there are Nb and Mo rich dendrites. I want to remove this microsegregation by heat treating and thus diffusion process would give a...
1
1

Real Time Temperature Measurement for Blast Furnace
Hey, What would be the Ideal solution for a Dip Thermometer (by Dip I would meant a probe that would be in constant contact with what ever I wanna measure the temperature of in a furnace) as a...
2
2

Copper pipes, coolant & aluminium engines
Hi I wonder if someone could give me a difinative answer here: Would using copper pipes, insulated between an aluminuim radiator & engine block using rubber tubes cause any unwanted galvanic...
1
1

effects of under / overhardening on hardness gradient?
If you were to take two parts of carburized and diffused steel and austenitize one high and the other low, which would have more hardness gradient - case to core?
1
1

Dual-plex Grain Structure (A286 parts)
Hello, Group. Here's the micro-structure photograph of the A286 special locknut we manufacture. You can see that the grain sizes are all over the place; what could be the cause? Contaminants inthe...
4
4

Need books on Tungsten/Tungsten alloy powder metallurgy
Can anyone recommend some good texts on Tungsten/Tungsten alloy powder metallurgy? Thanks!
4
4

Furnace with observation window
Hi all, Does anyone know where I can get a furnace with a transparent observation window. We are conducting experiment to measure the deformation of an adhesive joint during temperature changing. We...
2
2

Cast iron for engine tubo exhaust manifold??
I want to get a cast iron turbo exhaust manifold copied. The stock ones, made by HKS in Japan, have a tendency to crack when used on track. I don't believe the design to be at fault, more likely a...
6
6