Latest threads in Metallurgy discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ANY METALLIC HYDROGEN ALLOYS YET? $$$
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060510/ap_on_sc/hydrogen_prize

Grain Structure of A286
================ Dave: One quick question -- where did you buy the second batch of material and are the heat/cert numbers the same as the first batch? I am taking the liberty of reposting your...
3
3

AMS 2750 Rev. D
Any AMS 2750 experts out there?

OT - Looking for a Metallurgist for Technical Support Position
I'm a recruiter specializing in the metals industry and while I'm an avid user of google groups (rec.woodworking mostly), I obviously don't post too much the the metallurgy group. I also know how much...

Removal of BreakPad dust from Aluminum wheel
Metallurgically, what would remove the break dust (dissolve- or loosen) from the aluminum cast wheels in automobiles. (The standard spray on solution in the market is 100% useless. )
2
2

"Hundreds Of Defense Contractors Are Using Illegal Foreign Metals In Weapons Systems"
Manufacturing & Technology News May 2, 2006 Pg. 3 Hundreds Of Defense Contractors Are Using Illegal Foreign Metals In Weapons Systems By Richard McCormack Hundreds of contractors are supplying the...
1
1

aluminum pitting
The following website: a picture and makes this comment (back in 2002 -- the design may have changed since): "Again in my experience the Gaggia boilers tend to corrode internally. They are attached to...
3
3

Re: Question on how to make 316 Stainless Steel Disk or should I farm it out tia sal2
If you are really looking for the thinnest possible, consider stainless steel shim stock. I used to do a lot of work with 0.006", and it comes thinner than that. Would not be especially rigid/flat for...

seek small gold smelter personal use
I have 2 pounds of scrap gold, 14 & 18kt I would like to smelt at home for resale. Dealers offered 85-90% of gold content and you do not know if you are getting a straight count. Are there inexpensive...
5
5

Plastic Bending/Shear Analysis of Stud
Hi Can anyone tell me from where can I get useful analysis method for "Plastic Bending/Shear Analysis of Stud" Regards Rehan

shearing aluminium alloy
Hello Does anyone know the kind of forces needed to shear a 2mm thick sheet of aluminium ? Also any ideas on the same - for sandwiches of aluminium alloy layers with fibre reinforced composite in the...
1
1

metal forming dies
From where can I obtain steel forming dies that can attach to an Instron type machine and punch a shape into sheet metal, I just need simple shapes with some curvature Any advice is much appreciated...

Boilerplate!
Could someone please confirm what the 'chemical makeup' of the steel grade(s) commonly known as 'boilerplate'? I'm using it as a description in a project, and wish to describe it as it as its...
5
5

Alulife Aluminium
Hi all is there anyone who can give me some information about this new material used for house's paviment or for design works as chairs or tables? thanks Cerac

"China's Impact on Metals Prices in Defense Aerospace"
China's Impact on Metals Prices in Defense Aerospace at http://www.acq.osd.mil/ip/docs/china_impact_metal_study_12-2005.pdf