Latest threads in Metallurgy discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Why Vacuum Levitation Melting furnace is perfect to advanced metals and alloys?
Vacuum Levitation Melting furnace adopts advanced melting, refining and alloying technology, the molten metal bath is levitated in water cooled copper crucible during melting under vacuum or inert...

Unitron Series N Microscope
where can I find a user manual for a Unitron Series N Microscope?

Where can I find a phase diagram for Lead and Zinc
I would like to see a phase diagram for the alloy of lead and zinc. Does anyone know where I may find one? thanks,
6
6

Japanese Bring up Tinplate Price
According to Business Network, steel mills in Japan are planning to increase electrolytic tinplate exporting price to Asia countries during the 1st season of 2014. It is expected that the price would...

Vibration and crystal formation?
Is there any work that has been done on the effects of vibration on the formation of crystal in solidification of metals and alloy's? By vibration I mean sound at various frequencies from subsonic...
3
3

Colour, gloss and grain tolerances of stainless steel
Dear colleagues, I have run in to a wall with regards to automotive colour, gloss and grain tolerances in relation to decorative stainless steel finishers in the autom otive industry. The is, most...

Boron steel
I was given almost 100 feet of Bandsaw blade a guy here on s.e.m. tested it for me and it turns out to be a Boron steel... 0.07%C 0.68%Mn 0.002%B! 0.27%Si 1.15%Cr 1.05%Mo 0.67%Ni 0.17%V 0.04%W (it was...
2
2

What is 10B38 Steel? I need help locating this material for a large project
I am looking for two things: - chemical makup/properties of 10B38 material - known suppliers in the USA Thanks for any help you can provide me with. RL
1
1

SS wire drawing and roll forming
Dear All, This is my first post though I keep referring to this forum like many other s. But today i had to post since we have a problem at our unit. We manufact ure flux cored wires and recently we...

Vibrating Screens
The design of the Screen - frame which excludes all welding on the sheets in order to eliminate residual tensions, represent an important improvement. For more information :-

Magnetic Separators
ADVANCE" Suspension Magnets are extensively used in numerous industries extracting tramp-iron to protect expensive equipment, preventing breakdown and loss of production. The cost in numerous cases be...
1
1

Shot peen question
What happens to surface corrosion during shot peening (high tensile strength steel)? Does the corrosion get driven into the part?
1
1

What's needed to wire up a rotary 3ph converter?
Rotary converter will be installed in my garage and used to run lathe & mill (one at a time). Supply will be dryer circuit of 30A 220v. Wiring up is straightforward, but what switch(es) and fuses...
15
15

extensometer data
I have been trying to use an axial extensometer on instron 5560. The data that I get from using the extensometer shows as "strain 1%" is 20 times more than the actual data that I expect ( the data...

enamel or émail
Hello, I make a post in this newsgroup because I'm looking for someone who know how to use enamel (émail in french), what we can do ... It's for a study. So if someone can help me it could be very...