Help identify this alloy,

I've found an alloy which I'm unfamiliar with.
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it; an application,
physical mechanical properties or even a name (AISI, DIN, etc)
I have a composition:
Min Max
C 0.08 0.15
Ni 43 45
Cr 19 21
Nb 0.8 1.2
This seems like an odd beast to me. If you know anything about it,
please let me know.

A googol of thank yous.
Reply to
tusko86
This is a hight temperature alloy perhaps used for aerospace applications. We normally work woth 37-40%Ni and 15-17%Cr,Nb addition is optional. This is ASTM A297.
Reply to
arunmrao
Composition indicates that it might be some Inconel or Hastelloy. What is the balance? Iron, cobalt? Are you sure there's no tungsten or molybdenum in it? Any silicon? Is it a casting?
Reply to
melon

Site Timeline