Looking for oxydation protection of graphite

You could look into SiC coatings by the pack cementation method.
This was used for Carbon/Carbon composites on the shuttle leading edges and nosecone.
You could also consider application of SiC by the CVD process, as used for oxidation protection for CVD pellets encapsulating nuclear fuel in the various pebble bed reactors.
If your temperature range of interest is only the melting point of aluminum plus maybe 100 degrees, there could be other alternatives, but I have no suggestions.
Jim
Reply to
jbuch
Look up ceraset (.com) - paint it on and pyrolize it. They (Kion Corporation) have othersimilar chemicals. I've used ceraset on carbon-carbon.
Christ> I am looking for a paint, surface treatment or coating to prevent or delay
Reply to
Dr Mike
You can consider refractory washes or paints as applied for sand molds in foundries. I remember a zircon wash being used . Hope this helps.
Arun Rao
Reply to
Arun Rao
ZYP Coatings in Tennessee offers a boron nitride paint and spray coating that will work for you.
Keith Blakely

Keith Blakely

Site Timeline